Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Ashley
Newbie October 2018 Ontario

Looking for an officiant to do non-religious wedding

Ashley, on May 10, 2017 at 09:57 Posted in Wedding ceremony 0 14

Hi everyone,

To those of you who have had officiants (perferably in the toronto/hamilton area) who performed Non-religous weddings I would really love a reccomendation as I am having trouble finding ones that are in my area.

My wedding is in October of 2018 so lots of time, but I'd like to get this off my list of things to do!

14 Comments

Latest activity by Billy, on June 22, 2018 at 21:22
  • Billy
    Ontario
    Billy ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    You might want to consider hiring an officiant from the Ontario Humanist Society or the Humanist Association of Canada. Not many people realise that officiants pay annual fees to their licencing bodies, and very few of those bodies are actually secular organisations, like the humanist groups are. That means that, while you may get a ceremony that doesn't specifically mention God, your wedding dollar is going to support religious organisations. Celebrating Life Ministries is an example of this, but by no means the only one. They have over 200 officiants in Ontario, and they will perform non-religious weddings if you ask them to. However, their parent organisation stands for things like this . Not very secular. It's a good idea if you truly want your wedding to be non-religious to find out who your officiant is licenced by. Service Ontario maintains a database of all officiants in the province , along with their location and licencing body.

• Laura
    Frequent user October 2017 Ontario
    Laura ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

My brother & his husband used All Seasons Weddings, and they were great. So we decided to look into them for our wedding, and as soon as we met with Richard, we knew he was going to be perfect for our day!

• Samtam
    VIP November 2016 British Columbia
    Samtam ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Awesome! He is THE BEST!
  • Cheryl
    Expert December 2017 British Columbia
    Cheryl ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We are using Shawn as well! We just got our draft and it is absolutely wonderful, he has incorporated everything us!! I would recommend this company to anyone, I truly love their work!!!

• Samtam
    VIP November 2016 British Columbia
    Samtam ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I agree! They are the best! We used Shawn for our wedding in Vancouver and he did such an amazing job! Everyone commented on what a great job he did with the ceremony and he was so helpful during the planning process with helping us write our vows and running our rehearsal. Our ceremony was also non-religious. We were able to read what he would say during the ceremony in advance and make edits so there were no surprises and we could focus on being present during the ceremony. They are based in Vancouver but also have officiants in Ontario. They also host fun events for couples after they're married! If I lived closer, it would be so much fun to go and meet other newlyweds!
  • Cheryl
    Expert December 2017 British Columbia
    Cheryl ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I'd like to recommend Young Hip and Married!
  • Rachel
    Devoted November 2017 Ontario
    Rachel ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We are using Ron with Enduring Promises

Our friends used them and had Ron and he was great!

• Sara
    Devoted November 2017 Ontario
    Sara ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

You can also check out FunWeddings. That's who we are using for ours. They are located out of Burlington.

• Erin
    Master September 2017 Ontario
    Erin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I recommend AEIC Weddings. They have officiants who are multilingual, travel to almost anywhere in Southern Ontario, multiple package choices and excellent prices. We have had great chats with our officiant and we are having a non-religious ceremony.

• Corina
    Frequent user March 2018 Ontario
    Corina ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Kettle creek weddings is great!!!
  • Sasha
    Super October 2017 Ontario
    Sasha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    You're welcome Smiley smile good luck with the planning!
  • Ashley
    Newbie October 2018 Ontario
    Ashley ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Written by Sasha:

Our venue had recommended All Seasons Weddings so we booked our officiant through there. I liked the experience I've had with them so far as they have an extensive list of officiant to choose from. They all have a description of their style and their experience and you can choose whomever you prefer! Their website is allseasonsweddings.com I think

Thanks just checked out the site and it's really easy to use. Thank you!

• Eartha
    Devoted April 2017 Ontario
    Eartha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Hi Ashlena,

Send me a PM and I can recommend someone who did my wedding just in April and we highly recommend him Smiley smile

And he's price friendly

• Sasha
    Super October 2017 Ontario
    Sasha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Our venue had recommended All Seasons Weddings so we booked our officiant through there. I liked the experience I've had with them so far as they have an extensive list of officiant to choose from. They all have a description of their style and their experience and you can choose whomever you prefer! Their website is allseasonsweddings.com I think

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics