Skip to main content
Lucy
Frequent user July 2019 Ontario

London, on ceremony locations?

Lucy, on January 28, 2018 at 15:46 Posted in Ontario 0 2
Saved

Does anyone have any suggestions of locations for just the ceremony in London? I don't like the production line vibe of the Rose Chapel but I'm finding it hard to find a place that we can just rent for a few of hours. A lot of places only have options for ceremony/reception or just reception. I like the idea of the conservatory at the Civic Gardens - anyone have any experiences with this location?

2 Comments

Latest activity by Lucy, on February 4, 2018 at 17:54
  • Lucy
    Frequent user July 2019 Ontario
    Lucy ·
    • Dispute

Hi Lynnie

The reception will be at one of the hotels - haven't decided which one yet! The main reason I wanted them at separate locations was to give the guests time away from each other. Most of the guests will be staying for a number of days with local family members and I know by the time the wedding gets here, they will probably want some time apart, even if it's just an hour! I'm also looking into a group discount for rooms at the reception hotel.

I've been in touch with the local council about some of their gardens/parks which I think will be suitable for the ceremony. Neither of us are really religious so having a religious ceremony would feel weird for us.

• Lynnie
    WeddingWire Admin October 2016 North Carolina
    Lynnie ·
    • Dispute

Hi Lucy! Where are you having your reception? I feel like most couples either have their ceremony at their reception venue, or have a religious ceremony in a place of worship.

You could also look at public parks or college chapels!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

ReCaptcha Verification failed. Please try again.

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics