Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Veronica
Super October 2021 Alberta

Living a Staycation

Veronica, on April 8, 2020 at 21:11 Posted in Honeymoon 0 6

Hello Wedding Wire people,

It sure has been a crazy time around here. I won't rehash all that COVID stuff. I think we all know what is up with that.

But I am curious - since we can't travel outside of our homes right now. What are you doing to make having a staycation fun? Are you "drinking around the house"? Maybe planning themed evenings? How about getting to that to do list finally? Any big home projects?

My FH and I turned out living room into a pillow fort the other weekend and we have a campout! And we plan themed nights here and there.

I also really enjoy "armchair" travel, I read alot of travel books, blogs, watch documentaries and plan hypothetical trips!

Let me know below.

6 Comments

Latest activity by Rayanne, on April 10, 2020 at 10:42
  • Rayanne
    Master June 2022 Ontario
    Rayanne ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I'm still working and in constant fear of making my residents or family sick. I can't seem to destress enough to enjoy anything. The FH has been awesome with the kids and cleaning so when I get home I don't have to do any of that stuff. We had a few nice days were my daughter and son used our new driveway as a giant chalkboard and had a great time. Just doing our best to stay (relativity) same lol.
  • Veronica
    Super October 2021 Alberta
    Veronica ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Sounds like lots of fun staycation ideas!

I love the house party app, it is so much fun.

• Ashley
    VIP August 2020 Ontario
    Ashley ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Thats a cute idea the little fort thing. we actually came back from holiday at the beginning of march before this all started so we got a nice holiday before being stuck indoors!

• Gloria
    Expert October 2022 Ontario
    Gloria ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We have a patio and I really enjoy sitting outside. We can’t even have any fires now but at least being out and just kinda talking with neighbours around us as we all stay on our own patios.
  • Tori
    Top October 2019 Manitoba
    Tori ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

With me and my Husband it's a bit different for the two of us. He's on EI - so he sleeps till like noon, plays video games, and sometimes works on the house (not much he can do though since the next steps require some help as well as an electrician...). And for me, I still work from home 8-4... but I do take my lunch break as a time to do some baking Smiley smile Yesterday I made banana cream pies! Today I'm thinking I might make lemon meringue pie...

We are also watching the Marvel movies in order, and like Vanessa mentioned - my work has been pushing the app Houseparty for a week or two now.... I'm sure peer pressure will kick in and we'll try it this weekend or something... (me and my DH met through my work friend being married to one of his HS friends - so there are now 3 of us that work together in the friend group).

• Vanessa
    Devoted December 2021 Ontario
    Vanessa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

The Simpson GIF is the best and the pillow fort idea is amazing!

For my FH and myself, we are definitely finding more time for household projects. We recently moved into our new house last December and the previous owners didn't take care of the amazing front and back yard so we are taking this time to make everything look nice again. Last weekend, we cleaned up the front yard and ended up with 16 yard waste bags! our back yard is 3 times the size of the front so that will be fun Smiley tongue

Drinking around the house, walks with our dog and exercising at home with our new Peloton machine are some of the other things we do for "staycation fun". We recently discovered this new app called "Houseparty" where you can play games virtually with your friends so this has become a weekly occurrence as well.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics