Tunisha
Featured October 2021 Ontario

Lived with your partner before wedding or after?

Tunisha, on September 14, 2021 at 20:20 Posted in Living together 0 7
Saved

Hello Beautiful People! 馃憢馃従

Hope you all are doing just fine and having a great wedding planning or living a fairytale ending. 馃槀馃榿

Have you and your SO lived together before the wedding? If so, what were the challenges that you faced and learnt from living with your partner?

Or did you and your SO moved in after the wedding? If so, how was it the first few days/weeks!?

I鈥檒l be moving in together with my fianc茅 after the wedding. I鈥檓 worried and happy at the same time. I am trying to brace myself for how it鈥檒l be.

7 Comments

Latest activity by Amanda, on October 14, 2021 at 13:30
  • Amanda
    Featured August 2022 British Columbia
    Amanda
    • Dispute

I was already living on my own in my own condo when I first met my fiance almost 7 years ago. He moved in a couple of weeks after that lol but we honestly love living together of course there's always some little things that get on your nerves like socks everywhere and clothes not making it to the laundry hamper but beside it lol My fiance works in the oil fields so he's not home very much and I work 2 jobs so we're not home very much to argue too much. We bought a house just over 2 years ago and we absolutely love it! It's your own freedom and such!

• Tunisha
    Tunisha
    • Dispute
    View quoted message
    Totally agree!
    We do have to work on our communication. I know when he鈥檚 had enough or don鈥檛 want to talk. So I leave, then return to solve the issue. I鈥檓 the main one that tries to solve things and compromise a lot. But that鈥檚 fine, I try my best to make sure all is well.

I believe living together will be a challenge but we鈥檒l work it out!
  • Vinod
    Featured August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod
    • Dispute
    View quoted message
    Thats the thing about knowing what each other likes and behaves to draw the line moving forward. I hope you two have a good understanding now to avoid any miscommunication. Rules do help to know when one gets upset. Take a breather and come back when ready to talk calmly.
  • Tunisha
    Tunisha
    • Dispute
    View quoted message
    Oh yes!!!!
    I鈥檓 happy that it鈥檚 all working out well!
    That鈥檚 the thing eh, we have to adjust to two people under the same roof. Haha!
    Wish me luck!
  • Vinod
    Vinod
    • Dispute
    View quoted message
    Yes over time and with will power. His anger calmed down major along to communicate better though it needs some work still.
  • Tunisha
    Tunisha
    • Dispute
    View quoted message
    Thank you so much for sharing Vinod!! 馃榿
    How is it going so far? Things were able to change slowly overtime?
  • Vinod
    Vinod
    • Dispute

I moved in with my fianc茅 before the wedding and we faced many challenges. Some were anger issues he was facing and making changes/sacrifices towards our relationship. Financially, it wasn't good and to show nothing of it as it seemed to going faster than ever and desires to get than important things.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics