Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Geneviève
VIP September 2020 Ontario

Lgbtq+ friendly Honeymoon Destinations

Geneviève, on April 11, 2018 at 21:55 Posted in Honeymoon 0 5

So, the one issue about being a same-sex couple is that there are a lot of places in the world we can't travel to. My fiancée and I want a nice, relaxing or even adventurous trip where we won't have to worry a lot about hostility or just awkward looks and explanations.

We originally decided on Norway, but I always like to hear other destinations in case we change our mind! We loved Scandinavia and got engaged in Iceland too!

5 Comments

Latest activity by Emily, on October 15, 2019 at 01:19
  • Emily
    Curious October 2020 British Columbia
    Emily ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

This is something my partner and I are thinking about too, there are quite literally places in the world who would absolutely target us and harm us if we were to travel there, so it would be awesome to know of some special places to travel that are LGBTQ friendly!!!

• Valérie
    VIP September 2019 Quebec
    Valérie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Article is a bit dated, but still a good place to start: https://www.travelandleisure.com/slideshows/best-gay-honeymoon-destinations

There's also Lonely Planet's Honeymoon Handbook that includes info on how LGBTQ+ Friendly places are : https://www.chapters.indigo.ca/en-ca/books/lonely-planet-the-honeymoon-handbook/9781786576200-item.html?ref=social:organic:itempage&s_campaign=social:organic:itempage

• Brittany
    British Columbia
    Brittany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I feel a little ashamed/embarrassed that I don't know these things, but I guess I've never needed to... I'm so sorry that this even has to be an issue for you guys!

We are doing a Southern Caribbean Cruise. We definitely wanted to do something all inclusive and nothing but relaxing. I just looked it up, and am shocked, 2 of my 5 ports are listed under "Unfriendly LGBTQ+ Destinations".... eugh!

If you did consider the Caribbean, there are LOTS of islands on the "Friendly" list! Caribbean Destinations

I hope you have a wonderful honeymoon wherever you go!

• Holly
    VIP June 2019 Ontario
    Holly ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Https://m.weddingwire.ca/wedding-ideas/5-tips-for-choosing-a-lgbtq-friendly-wedding-destination--c45?cmp=fb-post-45&utm_campaign=post&utm_medium=social&utm_source=facebook.com

I know this is a destination wedding article but I think it may still help. I really hope you find something..it's disgusting how some places are still against this!!
  • Jen
    VIP June 2018 Ontario
    Jen ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

What about Europe?!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics