Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Tunisha
Super October 2021 Ontario

Let us share our Proposal Stories!

Tunisha, on May 20, 2021 at 01:43 Posted in Before the wedding 0 18
Hello Bride-to-be and Groom-to-be,

We are facing some challenging times at the moment. But let’s think and reminisce about the time we said “Yes, I will marry you!”
Share your proposal/engagement stories. This should give you back that spark to think how soon we’ll be walking down the aisle to say “Yes, I do” to our forever partners.
For myself, I’ll give a short version. I got engaged April 26th, 2020. This is early Covid, had some cousins staying at us that time. We were always dressing up and having a good time in the house. My mum loves to cook and always complains about how expensive restaurants are. So she decided to say “let’s compare the cost of cooking at home vs. Going to a restaurant”. I was down for it because she is always talking about how expensive they are. The day before, I noticed one of my cousins kept looking at me, then my fiancé was asking for photos of us, and a few other things. Anyways, the day came. Where they were looking at what I was wearing, my sister wanted to do my makeup and I was all up for it. Haha. So, my make up is all done, I should be looking good now. I’m leaving my room and I noticed the stairs with lights and then rose petals on the stairs. I was shoooketh! They played MAJOR. “Why I love you” as I was obsessed with that song for a good bit. It was so beautiful!! Then we drink, ate and enjoyed it. Couldn’t get over the ring and how beautiful it was.
Let us share our Proposal Stories! 1
Let us share our Proposal Stories! 2

I would love to hear yours!! 💕💕

18 Comments

Latest activity by Brianna, on May 25, 2021 at 12:15
  • Brianna
    Curious March 2023 British Columbia
    Brianna ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Wow! That is SO similar! haha I love it!! Smiley heart Congrats girl!

• Tunisha
    Tunisha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Oh wow!!! So very similar to Brianna!
    Congratulations Kim!! Love the photo and scenery!
    The “pushing hard all summer” 😂😂 So funny! But now you’re engaged and ready to be married!
    tenor.gif

• Kim
    Devoted June 2022 British Columbia
    Kim ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

OMG this is so similar to ours!

We got engaged on August 22, 2020 after being together for about 7.5 years! We went for a hike in Coquitlam with our two best friends and he proposed at the top. He told them before, so they were taking pictures, me thinking they were normal ones.

We'd been talking about getting engaged for a little while, and I definitely may have been pushing hard for it all summer hahaha.

Let us share our Proposal Stories! 3

• Tunisha
    Tunisha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Hahahahaha. Oh beautiful story Hank. Thanks for sharing. You pulled it off and did amazing. 👏🏾 👏🏾 Happy for you two.

Then it will be....

tenor.gif

• Hank
    Featured September 2021 Ontario
    Hank ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Short version: I proposed on our 5th anniversary

Long version: I booked a weekend getaway for our anniversary and her friends egged her on, telling her I'll be proposing, something I anticipated they would do. I concocted a whole scheme where I pretended to have terrible taste in rings, taking her to cheap jewelry stores and trying on some badly made rings. Even when we went to legit shops, I would ask the salesperson to show us some horrible looking rings lol. On our anniversary weekend, I said I was not ready to purchase her ring since I clearly didn't know what she wanted and I didn't want to disappoint her. I said I could give her a promise ring as a sign of commitment, that we could consider ourselves engaged and she could pick her dream ring leading up to the wedding that I can save up for. That got her a tad excited lol until I whipped out this ring...

Let us share our Proposal Stories! 4

"I'm not wearing that," she says Smiley xd

So we went about the rest of our weekend, her thinking she won't be engaged. Fast forward to the next day, on our actual anniversary date, we had breakfast, enjoyed a coffee went on a walk where we ended up on the Rotary Bridge in Port Hope. I asked two young ladies to help us take a photo (fun fact: she didn't want me to bug people to take a photo at first and suggested we just take a selfie instead - I like to jokingly tell her how she almost ruined the proposal Smiley laugh ). Took some regular shots before I got down on one knee and proposed.

Let us share our Proposal Stories! 5

Her: "Is this ring for real?"

Me: "Yes, it is real"

Her: "Ooooh. Yes! Smiley love "

Thanks to the ladies for their enthusiasm while screaming "OH MY GOD, THIS IS SO COOL!!!" and frantically kept hitting the camera button to make sure our moment was captured perfectly hahaha

• Tunisha
    Tunisha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thank you so much for sharing your story Brianna.
    This is so lovely, I love the scenery! So excited for you two and good luck in the planning. tenor.gif

• Brianna
    Curious March 2023 British Columbia
    Brianna ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We got engaged August.14th/2020 and I had ZERO clue it was happening.

We have been together years (7.5 by engagement date) and finally (pre-covid) had talked about getting engaged and I personally had mentioned I really wanted to be engaged by the end of 2020 so we can get the ball rolling. Cue COVID - we had to have more talks about how financially he couldn't afford it right now due to less work and we will have to wait.

We decided to do a mini-getaway to Whistler with my best friend & her boyfriend in August. We did the gondola up the mountain, which we had never done before, and then once we got to the top we hiked even more up to a lookout point for pictures. My fiancé had told my best friend this was happening days before we left, and had planned for her to pretend she was taking pictures but actually video the whole thing.Smiley heart It was a perfect spot and perfect day! Then I got to celebrate with my best friend all weekend too! Smiley smile

Let us share our Proposal Stories! 6

• Tunisha
    Tunisha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Oh love it, that’s really great and a good idea.
    When we were planning, we kept changing dates from August to September to then October. Hahaha. Really because we’re putting down on a house and wanted to make sure it’s a good timing. hahaha
  • Tunisha
    Tunisha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Hahaha. Oh niceee. You have sometime there. Yes, it’s good that there are exciting moments to cancel out the exhausting ones. Hahaha. I hope all goes well with for you both! Just think... the day will come and it will be wonderful!

Ah, I can’t begin to tell you how many plans we had, but I keep telling myself, it will workout eventually. Woke up today counting the months left. 😂😂
  • Amanda
    Featured August 2022 British Columbia
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Not really. We just wanted to keep it close as possible to our original date. Also being the first real week in August is normally amazing weather around 30-38 in Kelowna so we want to take advantage of that as well!

• Brittany
    Devoted December 2022 Yucatán
    Brittany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Nervous already, my fiancé is back from the field (he is in the military) so we have finally been starting to do some planning and we already have changed our date to an earlier date than originally planned. That took a full 4 hours last night LOL, but yeah somethings are excited but something are exhausting.

Thanks Smiley smile Hope your planning is going right as well

• Tunisha
    Tunisha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    You’re welcome!! 💕
    Oh I can’t imagine how that was for you and your fiancé. Yes, third times a charm. Ha
    How many people are you planning for? Also, I saw your date is the same for August. Is that date special for you two?
  • Amanda
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Thank you!! I hope so too! This is the second time we've had to postpone so I'm hoping third times a charm Smiley heart

• Tunisha
    Tunisha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thank you!!
    😂😂 love the box part! This is a beautiful story and ring! You two look beautiful together!! Congratulations and hope you get to stick with your date for next year!!
    tenor.gif

• Tunisha
    Tunisha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thank you!!!
    Oh that’s a beautiful story AND that ring!!!!!!! Lovely!!!! Thank you so much for sharing that story with us. Now the wedding day...tenor.gif
    How are you feeling about your big day?
  • Amanda
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Lovely story!!

My fiance purposed to me December 25th 2017 right beside the Christmas tree at our home with just the two of us Smiley heart About a week before Christmas, I had noticed a somewhat of a big box under the tree. Of course I shook it just to see but I couldn't hear anything lol Fast forward a week later to Christmas, we both had opened all of our gifts to each other except for one. That box. He told me to open it. So I did. Unwrapped the box and opened it to find a second box inside. By the time I had opened the second box, he was already on the ground on one knee and that's when we asked me to marry him!! It was absolutely perfect Smiley heart

Let us share our Proposal Stories! 7

• Brittany
    Devoted December 2022 Yucatán
    Brittany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Such a beautiful story!!

Mine happened on March 27th of this year, we randomly decided to go to the pub for some good eats and drinks to watch hockey and ended up on the rooftop patio where the sun was setting and the lights and the fire place was lit up, pulled out the ring and said he loved me very much and loved how we do so many spontaneous things together and this feels like the right moment to ask you will you marry me.

INSTANT TEARS. it was so perfect because it was so us, not too crowded, our favorite place to be and completely random.

Let us share our Proposal Stories! 8

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics