Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

B
Frequent user September 2018 Ontario

Late night snack options? Help please

Brittany, on September 4, 2018 at 19:56 Posted in Wedding reception 0 11
Hi all! Really need some input here. We are doing a small wedding. We will have dinner at a restaurant and going back to a cottage for a bonfire. We want a late night snack that can be made ahead of time and won’t have to be heated up. We don’t want our family to have to spend to much time on it. Thanks!!!

11 Comments

Latest activity by Marleau, on September 8, 2018 at 12:15
  • Marleau
    Devoted October 2018 Ontario
    Marleau ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Yes I love Leanne’s idea. What’s better then s’mores, hotdogs, and chip dip around a fire at a cottage. You could even add in some finger sandwiches, and fruit if you wanted too. I would really play off the environment you will have back at the cottage. Just keep it simple. Smiley smile
  • Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    The venue let us have a late night snack and we chose sandwiches, fruits and veggies and everyone loved it. The night before the wedding, my family spent time with me at the bonfire having smores.
  • Leanne
    Expert September 2018 Ontario
    Leanne ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Late night snack at a bonfire I immediately think s'mores, spider dogs and chips & dip! If you wanted to amp up the menu, instead of plain hot dogs, wrap them in bacon, or you could do some sort of kebab. Any sort of sandwich or meat and cheese platter would work as well.

• Stephanie
    VIP May 2019 Ontario
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Oh this is a great idea!!! You could even pre-cut some bite size pieces and put them on sticks for guests to heat up! Wouldnt be as messy and bite sized snacks are always easier!
  • Peggy
    Super May 2019 Alberta
    Peggy ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

My first instinct with a bonfire was a weiner roast! No one has to cook anything ahead of time, and people can cook 'em how they like it. It's interactive, and people love campfire hotdogs!

• Brittany
    British Columbia
    Brittany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Because the late night snack is often for the slightly intoxicated... I suggest something like chips and dip, spinach dip bread bowls, etc... Fruit/veggie trays are fine too... but they aren't exactly what I picture as "comfort food" at 11pm...

It's totally up to you, and you know your guests better than anyone, so it will be mainly dependent on the convenience factor for you.

• Allison
    Master October 2019 Ontario
    Allison ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Could take a fruit platter to the next level if you/someone you know have a fondue pot to get chocolate fondue going!

• Gina
    Super April 2019 Alberta
    Gina ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Platters are always great! Veggies, fruit, meat and cheese. Then you can also have chips and stuff like that. Then you can just buy the platters and you don’t need to prep anything lol
  • Tori
    Top October 2019 Manitoba
    Tori ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I love the ideas already provided but here are some more:

S'mores (shouldn't take too long if who wants are making their own), soup in a cup, shrimp ring, cheese/crackers/pickles/deli meat, cream puffs, chips and guac/salsa/queso dip, and of course veggies and ranch Smiley tongue

• Stephanie
    VIP May 2019 Ontario
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    You could get some cute bags and fill them with popcorn for all of your guests once they're back? Maybe some different flavorings/seasonings for them!
  • Casey
    Master October 2019 Ontario
    Casey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    You can do chips and dip (something like a taco dip that is better cold)
    pizza is always an easy choice
    fruit or bite sized desserts like brownies and cookies.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics