Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Karlee
Beginner December 2021 New Brunswick

Late night snack

Karlee, on January 29, 2020 at 10:29 Posted in Wedding reception 0 35

What did everyone do or who catered your late night wedding snack. I’m in Moncton area.
I don’t have access to the kitchen. It’s winter so no real way to store food or BBQ style etc. Food truck?

35 Comments

Latest activity by Emily, on January 17, 2023 at 10:01
  • E
    Newbie June 2023 Ontario
    Emily ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

How much did the Beaver Tail Food Truck cost you guys to rent for the evening?

• F
    Newbie August 2023 Ontario
    Faiza ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Hey Katie! I'm looking to do the same as well! Did you end up doing it? Any idea what the pricing model is like?

• Katie
    Newbie October 2022 Ontario
    Katie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

How much did the truck with unlimited beavertails run you? I'm interested in doing the same thing.

• Ashley
    VIP August 2020 Ontario
    Ashley ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I would order pizzas lol!! its great after people have had some drinks!

• Megan
    Curious September 2019 Ontario
    Megan ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I had the same issue with my location not having a kitchen and it was up in Muskoka so I didn't have a lot of options. I ended up going with a BeaverTail truck for our dessert option with unlimited BeaverTail's for guests and they even made me a cake out of stacked BeaverTails with Nutella holding it together so that vendor was a little multi purpose! Catering was a major issue with our wedding so we had a local wood fired pizza place deliver various pizzas for dinner and had a local pub make a poutine bar following the dinner. Most catering companies wanted to charge a major premium because we didn't have a kitchen so I felt your lack of kitchen pain. The guests remembered the BeaverTail truck more than anything else so that was definitely worth every penny because it covered our cake, dessert for the entire party, and provided a late night snack for those who got theirs a little later in the evening Smiley smile Any late night snack is a good snack to people so try and not stress about it too much!

Serving BeaverTails to wedding guestsLate night snack 1Guests enjoying BeaverTailsLate night snack 2The cake the Beavertail truck made for us to cut Smiley smileLate night snack 3

• Rayanne
    Master June 2022 Ontario
    Rayanne ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We will have poutine, pizza, fruit display and the cake. If we didn't have a kitchen I'd go with fruit and veggie trays, sandwiches or meat/cheese trays, spinach dip with pumpernickel bread is always a hit. Are you allowed to have crockpot? Maybe you could have some sweet and sour meatballs keeping warm or beef with au juice. Obviously not everything on the list but there are lots of possibilities
  • Karlee
    Karlee ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Hahahah it’s my fav! I moved out west for years and missed it so much.
  • Miranda
    Curious May 2020 Alberta
    Miranda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Also, got a little excited when you said you were from Moncton lol. I used to live inbetween Moncton and Sussex. Annnnnd now I am seriously craving some Greco pizza 😂
  • Karlee
    Karlee ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I think that’s what we have decided on! Makes the most sense given the location.
  • Miranda
    Curious May 2020 Alberta
    Miranda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I would order pizza!
  • Veronica
    Super October 2021 Alberta
    Veronica ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Another one whose venue is providing the late night snack. We are doing a poutine bar!

I LOVE the food truck idea. A wedding I went to last summer did a hot dog truck as their snack and it was awesome.

• Sharla
    Curious July 2021 Alberta
    Sharla ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Our late night snack is included with our catering, but we got to choose from a few different things.
    I’ve been to weddings where they had buns, cold cuts, cheeses and condiments so people could make their own sandwiches. It worked great!
  • Kelsey
    Frequent user August 2022 Alberta
    Kelsey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We are doing some catered late night snack options, but we are also doing s'mores! We're renting some fire pits and whatnot. Its perfect for our outdoor wedding Smiley smile
  • C
    Curious October 2021 Ontario
    Catherine ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We are planning on having pizza ordered in. Our venue has no kitchen, and having the late night snack catered will cause us not to spend in other areas.
  • T
    Curious July 2020 Ontario
    Tina ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We’re doing sliders with 4 different meats and one veggie version / the caterer is doing it
  • Casey
    Master October 2019 Ontario
    Casey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We had the regular fondue and pizza. We also had McDonalds cheeseburgers which was part of our package.

I have been to a wedding where they had a street meat cart, and an ice cream truck. Guests didn't have to pay for it so it was pretty awesome

• Michelle
    Expert October 2021 Nova Scotia
    Michelle ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We're doing tacos! It's something my fiance is really excited about (and the main thing on his wedding pinterest board haha)

For us there is a small kitchen in the reception hall, not enough to cook the food but definitely fine for heating it up

• Karlee
    Karlee ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Ohh perfect! Ok I like that idea!
  • Amelia
    Master October 2020 New Brunswick
    Amelia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    No it was covered by the bride and groom. They had a set menu so that the trucks could prepare enough of what they needed.
    We may have had to decide which late snack we wanted during RSVPs as well. That part I don't remember.
  • Karlee
    Karlee ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    And for the food trucks, did people buy their own food?
  • Karlee
    Karlee ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I think so too!! So simple too. Love it!
  • Kelsie
    Master July 2021 Ontario
    Kelsie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Guests will love that!! We would've done pizza and McDonalds if our venue couldn't help us out.

• Karlee
    Karlee ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Ohh I’ll look into those places. Thank you! Smiley smile
  • Karlee
    Karlee ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Yes we definitely can and it’s looking like that will be the case. Pizza and wings.
  • Amelia
    Master October 2020 New Brunswick
    Amelia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    If you want slightly fancier pizza there is a new Pomodori location in Moncton. They do traditional wood fired pizzas and they are Soo good. I've been eating at their Rothesay and Saint John locations for over 11 years. Pumphouse also does a few wood fired pizzas too.
    Food trucks are another great option. My FH's cousins had 2 at their wedding in Moncton a few years ago. I can't remember the trucks but one did tacos and salads and the other did poutine and burgers.
  • Kelsie
    Master July 2021 Ontario
    Kelsie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Could you order pizza from where you are? I've seen this done at weddings many times. They place the order several days in advance and get it delivered at a certain time.

• Karlee
    Karlee ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    We are doing our meal. We are doing our own soup bar. But it would be a lot seeing as we have no food storage to do both.soup bar is easy with slow cookers and large warmers etc that we have. But to do the late night snack, I just don’t see it. Plus at that time of night I want my MOH etc to be having a good time and dancing etc, not worrying about getting the snack out on time.
  • Karlee
    Karlee ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Ohh! Sorry, yes that’s so true. It could be. I wonder if there’s a place that you can put your order in bed. Hmmm, have to think on it some more
  • Samantha
    Super June 2021 Ontario
    Samantha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Oh that's totally what I meant! I didn't mean that everyone would just stand around outside eating lol I was just thinking that depending on how many people are still around for the late night snack, it could potentially be a long line of waiting outside in the cold. But I'm sure people would have the common sense to go in groups instead of all at once.

• Kelsie
    Master July 2021 Ontario
    Kelsie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We had a lot of problems finding a late night caterer. Especially since a lot of them only did it if you were having your meal catered from them too.

We asked our venue who they used and they ended up being able to accommodate us / provide some names of people they’ve worked with before.
    So I would inquire with whoever is doing your meal and see what they suggest.
  • Karlee
    Karlee ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    We could have the food truck outside and everyone go out to get it and bring it back into the venue to eat it. But that was my thoughts too.
  • Samantha
    Super June 2021 Ontario
    Samantha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I think a food truck would be awesome! We considered doing one too for the late night snack, but the caterer provided one anyhow, and it's poutine, so who can say no to that?Smiley xd The cool thing with the food truck is that it can be an unexpected surprise for your guests, but since you're having a December wedding I'm not sure how that would go over with people having to put on all their outside gear to get their food, unless the food truck is willing to bring the food inside. If that's the case then that opens up your options a lot more.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics