Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

V
Newbie June 2022 Ontario

Late Night Bar

Victoria, on March 26, 2022 at 11:08 Posted in Wedding reception 0 3
Hi everyone! So for our wedding we are option to go with a late night bar rather than a cocktail hour (we’ll be having drinks prior to dinner but no passed appetizers) and I’m wondering if anyone has any input on what time the late night bar should start? I’d like to be accommodating to some of our older guests who won’t want to stay out as late, but I’m worried about it being too soon after dinner. How late do weddings typically go nowadays? Thanks in advance for your input!

3 Comments

Latest activity by Com, on March 28, 2022 at 05:40
  • Hank
    Featured September 2021 Ontario
    Hank ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

It depends on what your dinner entails and when it takes place. If you're offering a heftier meal fairly early in the evening (like 6pm), then you can probably wait til 10pm or 10:30pm to serve late night. But if you're having a fairly light meal with a late start (7:30pm or later), you can probably go straight into the late night offering as some people may want more.

• C
    Super December 2020 Ontario
    Carmel ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Oh meant to add, I've noticed most older guests will not eat the late night food (especially when it's heavier) so I wouldn't worry about them. This has to do with digestion and sleep lol.
  • C
    Super December 2020 Ontario
    Carmel ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    What time is your dinner? Ours was at 7:30 and our late night food was served at 10:30 - it was a bit early given our meal was pretty spread out but people could eat whenever. Most of our guests left when the music stopped at midnight (covid hours). Most weddings we go to don't end until we get kicked out (when it's a younger crowd). I would have late night food out roughly 2-3 hours after finishing the meal ideally.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics