Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Stefanie
Newbie July 2017 Ontario

L shaped venue layout

Stefanie, on July 14, 2017 at 13:55 Posted in Wedding reception 0 9
Hi everyone, I need some help on the layout of this venue. I love the golf course but this L shape is giving me such a hard time. My husband and I will be in the middle of the L, dance floor in front of us. However I'm trying to figure out seating plans - I was thinking both families on the longer part of the L, and friends on the small part. But my mil wants closest family around the dance floor and not close relatives toward the back. However my mil has not helped me plan at all and is very demanding with this. My mom wants us all to sit at the Longer L with both families - and because my parents have helped me so much I want to obey their wishes. Should I put friends on the little L and all the family together or put the family around the dance floor? I am so confused and want to make everyone happy but my mil hasn't done sh*t all and now she's trying to get involved 2 weeks before the wedding. Ahhhhh!!! Help me!!!!! Lol

L shaped venue layout - 1

9 Comments

Latest activity by Vinod, on January 5, 2018 at 21:30
  • Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Your mom is the best person to advise whom to seat in what order of tables and to take her lead on that basis. MIL has no input if you feel she is forceful on her part. Not everyone will be happy though you have all control of seating.

Ifsuggestions are welcome, family should be front and everyone else sitting behind them on the tables.
  • Laura
    Frequent user August 2018 Ontario
    Laura ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I would hate to say it, but there is no way that you're going to please everyone. The layout you have showing is a good layout, but definitely ask you're mother for her advice. You can only work with what you have Smiley smile

• Lisa
    VIP May 2018 Ontario
    Lisa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    In my culture it's offensive to have close family in the back. My parents are pretty modern so they don't really get involved but I've had some guests (godmother and aunts ) make it very clear they should not be in the back lol I don't like the idea of separating because everyone is important to us. My seating plan for our engagement was the most difficult part. In the end I decided to sit in the middle of the room, with family and friends surrounding us! I was happy with the way it turned out. For your layout would you consider sitting in a different spot? What if you sat in the longest part of the "L" first row middle? This way you will have more family around you which would appeal to your MIL as well. Youll still be close to the dance floor as well! Plus it would keep you away from the entrance way. If that's where people are coming in and out off, I would get annoyed if I had that many people passing by constantly. Just a thought.
  • Sonja
    VIP September 2017 Ontario
    Sonja ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Sounds like your mother will be your best support so I think you should heed her advice in this matter. As someone else said, you can't please all of the people all of the time.

• Laura
    Super September 2017 Alberta
    Laura ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

You will never make everyone happy all the time. Pick the one you like most and go with that, ultimately it is your wedding and you don't have to obey or please anyone but yourself and FH with your wedding. Complaining about annoying family members is encouraged if it helps Smiley smile

• Stefanie
    Newbie July 2017 Ontario
    Stefanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thanks so much for your response - it's nice to hear it from people who aren't bias lol. I appreciate it! Goodluck to you while planning!!!!
  • Sara
    Devoted November 2017 Ontario
    Sara ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I think what you are your mom were thinking seems like the best course for you to go on. I'm having a similar issue with my MIL but she's not contributing to the wedding so her say doesn't hold a lot. I think you should do what you think is best. Best of luck!

• Stefanie
    Newbie July 2017 Ontario
    Stefanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Thank you so much for that! I appreciate it!!!!!! Smiley shame
  • Rekramer
    Expert November 2018 Ontario
    Rekramer ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

You and your mom agree on a logical plan. Stick with it. And feel free to complain every time your MIL is a pain, we have all been there Smiley smile.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics