Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Stephanie
Beginner May 2019 Alberta

Kitchen Charm

Stephanie, on January 15, 2018 at 14:01 Posted in Before the wedding 0 23

Hey Guys,

Has anyone heard of Kitchen Charm? I went to the Bridal Expo in Edmonton and received a call from Kitchen Charm. They said if I partake in the 90 minute presentation of cookware that I would receive either a 2 night 3 day stay at a hotel, 750 in credit for wedding bands at a specific website, or 2 night 3 day stay at a specific all-inclusive resort. My fiance and I went to the presentation with no intention to buy, just to claim our free gifts. After hearing the presentation we kinda got suckered into buying the cookware (spending 3600 with interest doing payment plan) One of the incentives was either a 5 night cruise or 7 day all-inclusive package. That is what sort of suckered us in, we did like the idea of the pots but we justified it with the vacations. After I left I had the feeling we got suckered into a "time share" type thing. There was an obscene amount of "paperwork" that we had to sign for cookware. They wanted our SIN so they could do a credit check which turned me off. My fiance assured me that it was okay so we filled it out. Then they surprised us by saying they required a deposit as well after we filled everything out. My fiance didn't seem bothered by this but I was. After I got home I began looking at reviews to see what we had done to ourselves... I was just curious if anyone has advice? There are a lot of poor reviews but they are somewhat outdated. Has anyone done the same? how is the cookware? Has anyone been on any of the "complimentary" trips? It seems like there are a lot of "Catches" with the vacations and mixed reviews on the products themselves and even the warranty. Hoping to get some feedback before its too late to go back.

Thanks!!!

23 Comments

Latest activity by Catherine, on November 19, 2023 at 13:03
  • Susan
    Newbie September 2024 Texas
    Susan ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I am the exact same as you, we just filled all of our information out this past week Sunday the 22nd it is now the 31st and I still haven't heard back and they have yet to charge my card (which I am glad about) I keep telling my fiance I feel like its a scam but he keeps telling me it will be okay. Does anyone have any updates, please let me know!

• Craig
    Newbie August 2023 Pennsylvania
    Craig ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    You get all the items they say you get two rings ($650 value) for free yes you pay $25 for shipping. You get a free customized wedding item, yes you pay for shipping it’s also $25. ($150 value) and you get a to choose between two trips (in the USA or in the Caribbean) the trip does not include travel costs & you still pay taxes for the trip ($50 to the hotel). These trips also come with a discounted rate so if you wanted to go longer you can add nights for only $50 a night so we turned our 3 day trip into a 6 day trip for only $200. No nothing is entirely “free” but they do give you all these prizes with no obligations just listen to their presentation. The pots and pans themselves are of great quality and will last years plus come with a lifetime warranty to replace anything that needs it over time, if you do purchase the pots and pans you get another free vacation that’s 7 days long you just have to pay travel cost $ hotel tax to the hotel which is $267 for the week trip. I think it’s worth going even if you don’t buy the items, and I think you should only buy them if you cook a lot and are a health advocate. As they are very much high quality cookware not made with materials that make us sick etc!
  • Michael
    Newbie January 2025 Ohio
    Michael ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Did you end up being able to cancel this? My fiance and I went last night and we are regretting signing up to get the cookware even though we had won the vacation through a game the guy played with the group so there is no incentive for us to get the pots and pans.
  • R
    Newbie November 2019 Pennsylvania
    Ryan ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Hello, do you remember the website where you got the wedding bands from?

Thanks

• R
    Newbie November 2019 Pennsylvania
    Ryan ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Hello, do you remember what the site was where you got the wedding bands? specifically the guys?

• FrancesvGarrido
    Newbie May 2023 Alberta
    FrancesvGarrido ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Love the pots. Got our wedding band (end up getting 2 pairs because they mistakenly put the wrong engraving in the ring and they are happy to send new one!)

Just ordered the champagne flute so hopefully it would be reach here on time for my Aug.30 elopement day.
    I haven't done the trip due to my struggles even reaching for the travel agent who is hosting this trip!
  • F
    Newbie May 2021 Alberta
    Frances ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Low heat is definitely the secret to this.

• F
    Newbie May 2021 Alberta
    Frances ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I personally bought this cookware and I love it. I can talk on and on of how about the quality is. Compared it with a full premium cookware in The Bay, this one actually I find the good deal.

I got myself the wedding band. As for the trip, the 7days hotel the website isn't working and I am feeling quite skeptical to book the 3days2nights all inclusive trip as I have seen reviews that they never bother to refund the deposit (odenza marketing which hosted the trip)

I still have not used the $30 champagne glasses (so if anyone did let me know)

Even without the freebies I think its worth my money.

• S
    Newbie August 2021 Ontario
    Shelby ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Did anyone take the trip? Lol
  • Josée
    Newbie July 2020 Manitoba
    Josée ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I haven’t taken the trip yet. But I would disagree with it being an overpriced crappy product. I think it’s worth the price even without the freebies. And no! I don’t work for them lol so I guess I’m still not answering your question with my reply. Sorry
  • Josée
    Newbie July 2020 Manitoba
    Josée ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Hey! Same situation as you...free prizes for showing up etc I have my cookware and tbh it’s great. No regrets. I’m working on getting into the habit of using it to its full potential aka one pot cooking or no oil...waiting for it to get to the right temperature took some getting used to as well. But nothing compares in quality and durability or warranty.
  • Shelby
    Curious August 2019 Alberta
    Shelby ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I just made a post about this 2 minutes ago.
    I've been doing research for the last couple hours and havent found a single person who has actually taken the trip. Just getting sucked into paying for over priced crappy products. My post was asking if anyone has actually ever taken the trip.
  • Tiffany
    Newbie June 2019 Ontario
    Tiffany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

My fiance and I just went to the kitchen charm presentation last night! They called us after we left our names at the Bridal Show. The whole thing took longer than I would have liked it to - we were there for almost 3 hours. Basically you sit there for 2 hours listening to a guy sell you a set of pots along with a 5 day cruise / 7 day condo stay at "3000 locations around the world" (flight tickets not included) for around $3000. He did a good enough job that we actually went ahead and put down an order for an 11 piece cookware for almost $2700. After going home I could not get over how much money we had just impulsively spent on POTS when we have a wedding to plan for! So the next day my fiance called and emailed them to cancel our order. We got our cancellation confirmation via email shortly after. I will be monitoring my credit card account closely to make sure I get all the $ back! We got a voucher for a pair of wedding rings ($50 shipping not included) and the 2 night all inclusive hotel stay (travel not included). Plus a set of engraved champagne flutes but with a $30 or so shipping fee we probably won't even go for it. So all in all, you don't actually "win" anything amazing and everything you get you actually have to pay a fee for!

• Erin
    Master September 2017 Ontario
    Erin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

This seems a little sketchy. I would definitely look into it more.

• Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    The company is legit and only do the presentations for engaged couples only. We didn't get suckered in their deals due to insuffient deposit.

We got the call after attending The Wedding Ring show on Orillia.
  • Rebecca
    Frequent user October 2018 Ontario
    Rebecca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I went to a bridal show in Toronto a couple weeks back and They have been calling me nonstop! Leaving voicemails.. and calling at least twice a day !
    Seems weird to me 🤷🏻‍♀️
  • Meghan
    Frequent user August 2018 Newfoundland and Labrador
    Meghan ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I had that same call a few months ago and read a bunch of local reviews. Most people who went said they felt a little sketchy about the trip so opted for the rings instead. They all received the rings and just had to pay shipping. Most people seemed happy enough with them but said that they offer that same discount on the website without having to sit through the show.
  • Ashleigh
    Devoted August 2018 Ontario
    Ashleigh ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Oh man. It sounds like you guys got played. How much of a deposit did you pay onsite?
  • Lisa
    VIP May 2018 Ontario
    Lisa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Trust me, stay away! They want you to go to a presentation, then they want to sell you lots that are thousands and thousands of dollars!!! I heard of someone who got sucked in and went! Disaster! As the saying goes, "If something is too good to be true then it probably is!"
  • Holly
    Expert June 2019 Ontario
    Holly ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    That sounds a little scammy to me.. definitely do more research before you do anything!
  • Tiffany
    Devoted October 2017 Ontario
    Tiffany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I received a call from them after I attended a bridal show in Peterborough, ON.

• Taryn
    Beginner September 2018 Alberta
    Taryn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I received the same call when I went to the Calgary expo in September. It's kind of a scam. You sit through this presentation and then you have to buy something to get any information about the "trips" (which their stuff ain't cheap). They are also very pushy and pressure you into to buying their products. With regards to the trip, you end up having to pay taxes and "deposits" and all these additional fees for the hotel and flights just to be able to go on this trip. I think you end up paying more in taxes and stuff then the trip is actually worth. You didn't end up giving them your credit card info or anything? If so, I would be checking your statement often to make sure there are no charges against it that you did not authorize. Hope this helps!

• Ap2017
    Super September 2017 Ontario
    Ap2017 ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I would try checking with the BBB to see if there is any information about them on file - chances are that if they aren't legit, there would be a complaint on file. Hopefully everything works out for you!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics