24 Comments

Latest activity by Amber, on January 26, 2019 at 13:47
  • A
    Curious June 2019 British Columbia
    Amber ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I really like th D20 idea, since we are also nerds and that would be fun, although most of his family wouldn't really get it lol. But they would probably be fine with it!

• Jessica
    Beginner May 2019 Ontario
    Jessica ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I love the kissing menu!! Where would this menu go so people could easily see it, without crowding the tables?

• Janaya
    Expert August 2019 Saskatchewan
    Janaya ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

My FH reallys want to do the hershey kiss game! which is cool, but Id also like to do some trivia questions! I think that would be a fun way for my large family to get to know him and I a little better!

• BunnyBride
    Super August 2334 Nova Scotia
    BunnyBride ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

One my FH and I are thinking of is getting a large foam d20 and, depending on the number they roll, it decides what has to be done to get a kiss. Rolling a 20 means not having to do anything (critical roll...Sue us, we like D&D ;-P ) or you can bypass it by donating to charity.

Some I have seen and/or heard of in the past:
    - Having to sing a song

- Having to keep a hula hoop going for x seconds

- donations to charity

- Big bowl of scrabble tiles. Guest has to spell out a word that describes the couple and then explain why they picked that word.

- Writing a poem

- Sharing a story about the couple.

- Having a "dance-off" with another guest; regardless of who wins, there is a kiss.

- drawing a picture/molding something out of clay and leaving it on display with your name. (There were a lot of kids there.)

- Being able to answer a trivia question about one of the couple.

- Random draws.

• Chelsea
    Master August 2017 Ontario
    Chelsea ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

It turned out really well. We raised $430 Smiley smile

• Jordie
    Curious May 2019 Ontario
    Jordie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

My fiance proposed at a dinosaur mini golf course so we making our own dinosaur 1 hole course and if they get a hole in 1 then we will kiss.

• Laura
    Super September 2017 Alberta
    Laura ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I'm doing a Kissing Menu that I found on a website that has a selection of things for people to pick from, like make a toast, sing a love song, tell a funny story or demonstrate a kiss for us to copy!

• Ashley
    Super June 2018 Alberta
    Ashley ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

The hersheys kisses game sounds really fun!! I'm stuck on some ideas my self but haven't settled on just one.

• Lynz
    Frequent user April 2018 Ontario
    Lynz ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I went to a wedding once where the if we wanted the couple to kiss...we had to correctly identify the song playing by the DJ...if we guessed wrong...the bride and groom choose a couple at our table to kiss instead...it was cute 😀
  • Chantal
    Beginner September 2017 Quebec
    Chantal ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Lots of amazing ideas so far- I am loving the trivia, poems and Hershey kisses.. Thanks!

• Kaytee
    Devoted September 2017 Alberta
    Kaytee ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We got a kissing wheel. We are going to have people donate a dollar for a spin and the proceeds will go to SPCA.
  • Chloe
    Super May 2018 Ontario
    Chloe ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I love that idea! I've never heard of it before!
  • Chloe
    Super May 2018 Ontario
    Chloe ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I went to a wedding where you had to write a poem and read it to everyone for the couple to kiss. They had a crazy word bank and you had to include some or all of the words in the poem. The guests loved it and it added a lot of laughter to the reception.
  • Melinda
    Devoted September 2017 Ontario
    Melinda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We love trivia, so we are thinking about making people answer a jeopardy question. We'd make them easy enough that most people will know!

• Hannah
    Newbie July 2018 Alberta
    Hannah ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    A friend of mine had every couple put their names into a draw, and every time a couples name was drawn they did their *signature* kiss and the bride and groom had to copy it lol
  • Kathy
    Devoted June 2018 Ontario
    Kathy ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

My best friend just got married this past weekend and I am totally stealing her idea for a kissing game. It was super cute and there wasn't a huge amount of people that came up to do it, which is nice because they got to enjoy their dinner without constantly getting up to kiss...

Hershey Kiss GameHershey Kiss Game

Also, they were in control of how many "gold kisses" were in the pot so most of the kisses that were pulled were silver.

• Jen
    VIP June 2018 Ontario
    Jen ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We are using the kissing menu idea as well. We found ours on etsy.

• Jenn
    Frequent user September 2018 Ontario
    Jenn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    The kissing menu was a big hit at a wedding we went to this year. Most people would take the easy route and give marriage advice or tell a sweet story or memory of the couple. As dinner progressed people got more adventurous (thanks wine!) and did "bust a move" and their best zombie walk (the couple are big walking dead fans). It's a fun way to change tradition, and gives all your guests an opportunity to share a funny or sentimental memory of the couple.
  • Lynnie
    WeddingWire Admin October 2016 North Carolina
    Lynnie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

You could make your own 'kissing menu' where you come up with things the guests need to do in order for the newlyweds to kiss!

Kissing MenuKissing Menu

Or depending on the style and vibe of your wedding reception, you could incorporate it through some big lawn games!

Kissing GamesKissing Games

• Chelsea
    Master August 2017 Ontario
    Chelsea ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Not doing a game, but if guests want us to kiss, they will have to pay money for us to donate to a charity. Not sure if we are doing a charity for heart and stroke foundation as his mom has had a stroke in the past, or something to help the kids in Africa get some clean drinking water. This way nobody is clinking glasses, and if we are kissing, it is for a good cause!

• Sonja
    VIP September 2017 Ontario
    Sonja ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Can't help you with any suggestions. My fiancé is firm that he doesn't want any glass clinking. He's such a private person and doesn't want to bring any attention upon himself. It's going to be interesting since he and I WILL be the centre of attention that day. Sorry, that doesn't answer your question.

• Lesley
    Super September 2017 Manitoba
    Lesley ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    It's not a game really but we're taking donations for The Dream Factory for a kiss.
  • Katherine
    Super September 2017 New Brunswick
    Katherine ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Not a new idea but we will be doing copy cat kisses... Couples have to stand up and we will copy their kiss... No clinking glasses.
  • Alexa
    Devoted July 2018 Alberta
    Alexa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Were are going to have balloons for guests to pay some money to get a dart to pop balloon and answer questions about bride and groom in order for us to kiss. all money is going to be donated to boys and girls club ( I work there)

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics