Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Julie-Ann
Curious February 2018 Ontario

Kids table

Julie-Ann, on January 20, 2018 at 19:55 Posted in Wedding reception 0 8
Is anyone doing a kids table? We are only going to have 7 kids at our wedding and I was thinking about doing a kids table for them. They would all be old enough to sit at a table without their parents with them but close by. My question is, do I check with the parents first, or do I just put them at a kids table?

8 Comments

Latest activity by Amelia, on January 30, 2018 at 08:47
  • Amelia
    Curious October 2018 Nova Scotia
    Amelia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I'm going to have a kids table set up with color books and little activities but we're also having a brunch wedding with lawn games set up, we'll have 12 kids there ranging from age 1-11 so not all kids will be able to sit at the kids table, but their patents can bring the activities to their table to help keep them distracted when they get bored
  • Holly
    Expert June 2019 Ontario
    Holly ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Personally no prefer kids tables. Set up some games and activities for them at the table and you won't have to worry much. If it makes you feel comfortable then definitely check in with the parents first, I don't think they will mind. And you can always place the kids table on between all their parents if you wanted.
  • Bianca
    Master August 2019 Ontario
    Bianca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I think it’s a safer bet to keep the kids with their parents. Even the best kids can get rowdy when surrounded by their peers. That’s just what I would do. We’re not expecting very many kids at our wedding so we won’t be having a kids table.
  • Meghan
    Frequent user August 2018 Newfoundland and Labrador
    Meghan ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I was thinking about doing this and brought it up to one of my bridesmaids who has 2 children. She was fine with it but felt that the kids might be more likely to act up if they’re all together. I guess it depends on the kids but I have a few cousins who I know will be running laps around the tables and knocking stuff over if their parents aren’t there to watch them. My FH was on the fence about inviting kids at all so I think we’re going to keep them with their parents for the dinner and speeches and then they can run around together during the dance!
  • Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I have seen the kids table done and its not a bad idea. We had the kids with their parents at the table due to a small number being present.
  • Erin
    Master September 2017 Ontario
    Erin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I would just let the parents know that you are thinking of having a kids table and if they are ok with that. The only children at our wedding were all 5 or younger so we just sat them with their parents.

• Jessica
    Super March 2018 Ontario
    Jessica ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I only have a handful of children as well, around 4 or 5. Some of them are quite young, so I opted to just seat them at the table with their parents. If they are cousins or related, I would definitely seat them together, but if they don't know each other I would check in with parents to make sure they aren't too shy or would rather have their kids sit with them.

• Vanessa
    Expert August 2018 Manitoba
    Vanessa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    You could check with their parents. Just have their parents tables be the ones surrounding that table if at all possible. Our guest list with kids are all family so it makes that easy. We will have a kids area at our wedding (outdoor wedding) and someone kind of supervising. We will also have activities and thing for the kids to do as well. My daughter doesn't want to sit at the head table she would rather sit with her cousins. We will also have a kid friendly signature drink so that could be something you could do to make it more special at the table like a Shirley temple. I know this is more than you asked for but thought it may or may not give you some more ideas.😊

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics