Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

April
Frequent user September 2018 Saskatchewan

Kids entertainment

April, on June 19, 2018 at 16:41 Posted in Wedding reception 0 13
What is everyone having to entertain the kids at the reception. I’ve thought about coloring books and glow sticks but we’ll have a few kids older than 7 who I don’t think will be into coloring. Thanks!

13 Comments

Latest activity by Jennifer, on June 21, 2018 at 09:19
  • Jennifer
    Super August 2018 Alberta
    Jennifer ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I think kids love dancing the most but we’ll have a little crate with colouring books and glow sticks like you mentioned. I also noticed they love food lol but who doesn’t, so I think our popcorn bar after the ceremony and cupcakes at the reception will be a hit since they can go up whenever and get more.
  • Rachael
    Super October 2019 Ontario
    Rachael ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I hadn't thought about this at all so I'm glad I stumbled upon your discussion! A table with board games that don't have too many small pieces that could get lost sounds reasonable; who knows, some of the adults may be inclined to join in too!

• Amelia
    Curious October 2018 Nova Scotia
    Amelia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We're doing tge coloring books, but also word searches for everyone to go with the brunch theme. And also lawn games everyone can play. And a photobooth.
    Honestly, just give kids a few balloons and they'll entertain themselves for hours 😊
  • Erin
    Master September 2017 Ontario
    Erin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

My MIL bought a bunch of stuff for our nephews at the dollar store and they were really great! They were all 5 or younger though.

• Tyanna
    Super June 2019 British Columbia
    Tyanna ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Growing up, my parents had a "camping" table cloth. Every camping trip it was on our picnic table and every visitor signed it. They first started it in 2004 and it's still going strong! We write on it all the time too. It's pretty funny to read the comments.

Anyway, our kids tables are going to have a cheap vinyl table cloth and some sharpies and I'm going to let them go wild so I have something alongside my guest book to look at!

Besides that we have lawn games and actual colouring books for them, and a few board games /card games
  • Clarissa
    Expert October 2018 Saskatchewan
    Clarissa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I’m planning on putting together some activity book. Have a page of tick tac toe, word search, a few maze puzzles, and a few pictures to colour and maybe some blank pages for whatever. We have an age range of 3-12 for sure on kids so I want it to have a mix where something in it will appeal to each of them. But I’m also only expecting it to entertain them during dinner till the dances.
  • Karen
    Expert September 2018 Ontario
    Karen ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I'm only expecting 4 kids so I did a baggy for them with coloring books, booklet, pencil crayons, stickers, puzzels, and each has different mini games of spot it, jenga, connect 4 And sorry.
  • Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    How about games or puzzles they may enjoy doing as a group. Some games may be good too (jenga, guess who, battleship) etc.
  • Leanne
    Expert September 2018 Ontario
    Leanne ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I don’t have many children coming, but I have got wedding themed activity books for them. I have also seen some other ideas like giving them a disposable camera and scavenger hunt list, bubbles are always a good idea too.
  • Sheilah
    Frequent user August 2019 Ontario
    Sheilah ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We're doing a kids table. The "table cloth" will be brown paper covering the top with jars of crayons, stamps, stickers, etc. We are also setting up a play corner with some board games, bubbles, simple toys and stuff. We are also getting those paintable sugar cookies for them to do.

We want the kids to have as much fun as the adults. ❤
  • Jocelyn
    Expert August 2018 Ontario
    Jocelyn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    None. we are not expecting many children
  • Jessica
    Super March 2018 Ontario
    Jessica ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Don't be surprised by the colouring. I'm a teacher and even my 14-year-olds, enjoy colouring. Just make sure to find more appropriate things to colour, like the adult colouring books are good for those who are older than 7-8 years old.

We had wedding themed mad-libs at the wedding for everyone to do, and many of our guests loved it. You could always print out some free ones (doesn't have to be wedding themed) for the older kids to do as well.

I just commented on another post about craft kits. You can find them at the dollar store or even on sale at Michaels which may be age appropriate as well.

• Helen
    Frequent user September 2018 British Columbia
    Helen ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Lego? They may very well be staring at their screens anyhow: )

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics