Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Jenny
Frequent user September 2022 Ontario

Kids at the top table?

Jenny, on July 27, 2021 at 21:40 Posted in Wedding reception 0 9
Okay so me and my fiancé already have two kids and I’m trying to figure out where to seat them? They’ll be four and two when we get married. Should they sit with us at the top table? I’m not sure what to do and Google isn’t helping me lol 😂

9 Comments

Latest activity by Christiana, on July 29, 2021 at 15:30
  • Christiana
    Super November 2020 British Columbia
    Christiana ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Haha fair enough!

• Megan
    Frequent user July 2023 Ontario
    Megan ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We are having our niece and nephew (5 and 2 when we get married) at our head table simply because we love being around them. But to be fair we won't be responsible for them for the most part, their dad will also be at the head table. So it's really up to you! If you want them there I say go for it, but if not, it's nothing to feel guilty about!

• Jenny
    Jenny ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I definitely love our kids and want them to be included but I for sure don’t want to handle feeding them on the big day. I think I’m going to go over my guest list again and put all the grandparents at one big table with our kids 😊
  • Christiana
    Super November 2020 British Columbia
    Christiana ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

There's nothing wrong with them sitting at the table with you if that's what you want. They're obviously a massive part of your life and your marriage and it makes sense they'd be a big part of the day.

But if you wanted a break from parent duties during dinner or if you just want to spend that time alone with your partner, I also think there's nothing wrong with seating them with relatives they're comfortable with and don't mind watching them.

• H
    Newbie July 2021 Ontario
    Heather ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Years ago, I was hired as a babysitter for the wedding day for the bride's daughter (4 yo I think). I knew the kid well and was there for the whole day right from them getting ready. I remember we were at the same table as the parents.

She wasn't only my responsibility on the wedding day but it did help when everyone else was needed elsewhere (for photos etc) or when she was getting bored.

• Patricia
    Frequent user July 2021 Ontario
    Patricia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I would sit them with a set of parents or family. Although you love your kids do you want to spend your night feeding and caring for them? Maybe have a trusted family member do this?
  • Hank
    Featured September 2021 Ontario
    Hank ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Can you seat them with just your parents?

• Jenny
    Jenny ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    The problem with that is that my in-laws are divorced.
  • Hank
    Featured September 2021 Ontario
    Hank ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Seat them at a table with both sets of grandparents?

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics