Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Joey
WeddingWire Admin May 2015 Maryland

Keeping kids entertained at the wedding

Joey, on February 9, 2018 at 08:05 Posted in Wedding reception 0 5

Will you have children attending your wedding? Do you have a plan for making sure your youngest guests have a great time? Will you provide them with an activity book? Games to play at the reception? A craft corner? A sitter to watch over them? Special wedding favors just for the younger ones?

How will you be keeping those kids entertained? Keeping kids entertained at the wedding 1

Photo by B.M.K.H. Photography in Kitchener

5 Comments

Latest activity by Erin, on February 12, 2018 at 10:29
  • Erin
    Master September 2017 Ontario
    Erin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We only had our niece and nephews at the wedding and my MIL told us not to worry about entertaining them. She made little activity bags for the boys (our niece was only about 3 months old) from stuff she got at the dollar store. She included crayons, colouring books, a mini puzzle and a few other things.

• Taylor
    Frequent user June 2018 Ontario
    Taylor ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I ordered them from Etsy, the company is hootevents, I am happy with mine !
  • Joey
    WeddingWire Admin May 2015 Maryland
    Joey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Ooh fun, where did you get the custom books?

Some other things which might be fun for kids but would keep your venue relatively clean could be stickers (as long as they'll be supervised so they don't sticker up your venue!), temporary tattoos (less messy than stickers), origami (paper and instructions, better for slightly older kids), loom bands if those are still popular, lol. They could fold little flowers out of paper, or they could make pinwheels, or you could buy cheap dollar store picture frames and give them markers and Washi tape and yarn and stickers to decorate them and take home. And bubbles, ring pops, and other candies are always going to win over kids!

Confession time, I like crafts Smiley shame

• Mandy
    Devoted July 2019 Alberta
    Mandy ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I will have a couple at my wedding I plan on doing little bags with different things in their to keep them occupied. I did the same for my sisters wedding and it was a big hit I figured I would do the same for mine.
  • Taylor
    Frequent user June 2018 Ontario
    Taylor ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    So far we have ordered custom wedding activity books for the kids, I'll make up packs with crayons and other things (suggestions please?) to keep them busy

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics