Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Chantelle
Curious May 2022 British Columbia

Keeping food/drinks off wedding dress

Chantelle, on March 21, 2021 at 00:37 Posted in Wedding reception 0 9
Hello all! So I am one of those people who always spills on my clothing. My mom joked I needed a bib to cover my dress for my reception ... But she has a point.

Does anyone have advice for this ?

9 Comments

Latest activity by Kara, on May 14, 2021 at 08:27
  • Kara
    Frequent user June 2022 Ontario
    Kara ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Bring a bottle of club soda with you and a tide stick in an emergency bag. Keep it close for the day. They work wonders with things like wine, juice and any other big noticeable spills
  • Megan
    Frequent user July 2023 Ontario
    Megan ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

This made me laugh because my parents have been saying the "bib" thing for years! I'm very concerned about this as well haha.

• Christiana
    Super November 2020 British Columbia
    Christiana ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

A former co-worker told me that someone spilled red wine on her during her wedding! I think it was the cocktail hour too so like really early on lol. Apparently it was all over the front of her dress but they somehow managed to remove most of it at the wedding and it ended up not being a big deal.

• Sarah
    Expert July 2021 Ontario
    Sarah ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Just wanted to say this is a legit concern of mine also. I’m not even messy but I always get a drop of something or other on myself
  • Alexis
    Devoted July 2021 Ontario
    Alexis ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Lol this is my exact worry!! I’m legit considering drinking white wine instead of red with dinner even tho I much prefer red 🤣
  • KELLY
    Super October 2023 Ontario
    KELLY ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    As I was a regular spiller, one of my coworkers made a beautiful lace bib for my first wedding, it matched quite nicely with my dress and none of the guests even noticed. One suggestion though make sure it’s easy to remove such as a tuck in versus one that ties around your neck
  • Stefanie
    Devoted August 2021 Saskatchewan
    Stefanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We are having build your own burger and poutine for our food choices. I've been saying we should make bride and groom bibs for fun. 😂 Otherwise I will likely just tuck a napkin in my dress while I eat and possibly stick to poutine for my meal or cut my burger up lol.
  • Samantha
    Super June 2021 Ontario
    Samantha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I can relate! Haha our ceremony and dinner will be taking place outside in a back yard too so I'm pretty sure dirt or grass stains will be inevitable if food/drink doesn't leave a mark. But I did do some research into dry cleaners for preserving your dress after the wedding, and they recommend not trying to clean the mark(s) yourself and to take it in as soon as possible. Obviously they're not going to guarantee to get all the stains out 100% but it's just things that will help them do the best job they can
  • Christiana
    Super November 2020 British Columbia
    Christiana ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I was just a little bit more careful than normal while eating and didn't have any issues - we had Indian food so the potential for mess was relatively high lol. Definitely place your napkin over your lap though and maybe bring a tide to go stick with you just in case!

Also remember that your dress is likely going to get damaged to some extent. Whether it's a drink/food stain, small rips or snags, grass/dirt stains, etc. It's a pretty fragile piece of clothing that you'll be wearing for a long time and in a high energy environment. Don't stress if you get a bit of food on you during dinner - it happens and it's likely that nobody will notice. Smiley smile

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics