Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Daily
Expert August 2022 Ontario

Keep the Wedding date or move it again!!!

Daily, on January 26, 2021 at 13:41 Posted in Ontario 0 3
I need some suggestions ladies! I got married 7 years ago but we never had a weeding ceremony. We were supposed to have our weeding last year August but due to covid we moved it to August 5th 2021. I’m worried about the Covid rules restriction in Ottawa Ontario. Please help!!!

3 Comments

Latest activity by Hank, on January 26, 2021 at 21:07
  • Hank
    Featured September 2021 Ontario
    Hank ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

If you don't want restrictions then you will have to postpone. I know it's sad but I think you know it's the right decision considering the health issues with your mother-in-law and the fact that a bunch of guests are travelling from two different countries to attend. And like you said, you're already married so it's not like you're in a hurry. There's legitimately no reason to rush this other than you wanting a massive party sooner than later.

• Daily
    Expert August 2022 Ontario
    Daily ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thanks for the response. The venue asked for minimum of 75 people so I’ll have about 75-85 people. I am legally married. We got married 7 years ago but we never had our wedding. Most of my husband families live in the states and 4 of my aunts and cousins will come from Thailand. But my parents and friends are in Ottawa. My mother in law has a heart condition so if covid is still as bad as it now, im sure she won’t feel safe to attend our wedding. I honestly don’t want any restrictions at my wedding at all. I’ve waiting these whole time (7 years) for my dream wedding!! I will have 30 mins max for a ceremony considered we’re already married. So this is more of a party/ celebration.
  • Hank
    Featured September 2021 Ontario
    Hank ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Whether you postpone or not is a personal decision and without knowing your circumstances, it's hard for anyone to advise you. How big are you planning the event to be? With almost a year of hindsight, hopefully you've adjusted your plans so that it can be done safely and legally in today's circumstances.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics