Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Joey
WeddingWire Admin May 2015 Maryland

Keep Or Skip Round 2 - Gift Registry

Joey, on December 11, 2017 at 08:20 Posted in Before the wedding 0 43

We want to know what wedding customs and traditions you are keeping and which you are skipping. In this week's game, it's all about pre-wedding traditions.

Are you keeping or skipping creating a gift registry?

Keep Or Skip Round 2 - Gift Registry 1

Photo by Émilie Smith Photography in Edmonton

>>Click here to go to the next question, Bridal / Wedding Showers?

43 Comments

Latest activity by Maegan, on October 6, 2019 at 16:06
  • Maegan
    Frequent user August 2021 Ontario
    Maegan ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Keeping! Its super helpful for family to know theyre buying us something we actually need and no ones doubling up if they want to buy physical gifts rather then give money

• Melissa
    Devoted September 2021 Ontario
    Melissa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I was going to skip this as my family is Italian and gives monetary gifts but my FH isn’t and my mom said we really should for them
  • Nelly
    Devoted October 2021 Ontario
    Nelly ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We are planning on a registry for our shower and wedding
  • BunnyBride
    Super August 2334 Nova Scotia
    BunnyBride ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Even though we really don't need anything as my FH and I have been living together for over 3 years now....We are doing a very small registry because we know there are a few more traditionally-minded people we know will give a physical gift rather than money for a wedding in the families. We figure it is better to give some guidance than wind up with three toaster ovens or something like that! LOL.

• Jenna
    Frequent user February 2021 Nova Scotia
    Jenna ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We are skipping this
  • Rayanne
    Master June 2022 Ontario
    Rayanne ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Skipping this. I've lived on my own for so many years. I don't need anything except to purge my house. I'm sure I have 2 or 3 of anything someone could get for me. I want to get rid of things not collect more.
  • A
    Super September 2020 Ontario
    Amelia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Skipping. We will have been living together for 5 years so we have everything we need and we'd prefer cash gifts.

• Alix
    Expert June 2021 Saskatchewan
    Alix ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Skipping, we are asking for donations for our honeymoon instead.

• Kaisha
    Super March 2019 Nova Scotia
    Kaisha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We are keeping this, we have lived together for a while and didn't really want one. We had people asking about it though so we decided it would be best to give them a few options to either upgrade or fill in a few gaps.

• Jessie
    Expert September 2018 Ontario
    Jessie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Keep it. For those that don't give money and prefer to give gifts

• Becky
    VIP September 2019 Ontario
    Becky ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Keeping! now to decide on where we would like to register

• Jocelyn
    Beginner April 2020 Ontario
    Jocelyn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Small gift registry, we have lived together for 3 years but some items we would like to upgrade. We have a house fund that our families know is more important to us. Plus, we live 4 provinces away and we're getting married in Mexico so we don't want to be loading gifts on planes.
  • Janine
    Curious June 2018 Ontario
    Janine ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Skipping. Though I think my grandmother finds it hard to deal with me not having one or not wanting anything as a gift. We are merging from my apartment to his house, there will barely be enough room for me let alone extra stuff.

• April
    Frequent user June 2018 British Columbia
    April ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Skip! To me it feels like telling people you expect a gift. Im not comfortable with that.

• Christine
    Curious July 2020 New Brunswick
    Christine ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We are keeping this. We are looking to upgrade some small appliances, and who doesn't love getting new towels and bedding.
  • Becky
    VIP September 2019 Ontario
    Becky ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Keep, I love the gift registary, they can see your style and what type of things you would use in your life. It helps when they know you but not sure of what you need or your style.

• Holly
    VIP June 2019 Ontario
    Holly ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Skip. We don't want guests mailing us gifts and we can't bring them back with us on the plane donors pointless. Instead we are doing a honeymoon fund.
  • Arielle
    Devoted July 2020 British Columbia
    Arielle ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We want to keep the registry but we don't have a sizeable list of things we want. I think it'll be money towards a huge honeymoon and those who feel like getting a gift is more their style can choose from the few items we have.

• Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Keep the registry if you haven't bought a house or in the new home yet. Skip it if you feel its just goinf to keep in storage somewhere. We skipped and used the money to pay off our vendors and wedding bills
  • Amber
    Devoted September 2018 Alberta
    Amber ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I wanted to skip this, but I know a lot of people still like to give something other than cash. We have lived together for 6 years and have everything, but it will be nice to upgrade some things and add some that you wouldn't usually buy for yourself.

• Victoria
    Expert November 2019 Ontario
    Victoria ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Keep. We'll be moving in together about 1.5 years before the wedding (I'm finishing up law school then moving!), so we will probably want a bunch of home things!

• Michelle
    Super September 2018 Alberta
    Michelle ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Keeping it to an extent, the only reason we are keeping it is because of FH side as they are big gift givers. For my culture (Chinese) it's customary to give just money in the red envelopes.

• Sydney
    Expert August 2018 Ontario
    Sydney ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Oooh, I love this! This is a great idea Smiley love

• Sydney
    Expert August 2018 Ontario
    Sydney ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We debated this, but I think we are keeping it. A lot of friends/family are traditional, so they would rather give gifts than money. Of course, everyone appreciates receiving money, but I would rather give people the option

• Jen
    VIP June 2018 Ontario
    Jen ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We have two; one for traditional gifts, registered at home outfitters and the other is through a travel company here in our city for our honeymoon.

• Kait
    Curious August 2018 Ontario
    Kait ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Our families are pretty traditional, this is definitely a keep.
  • Bianca
    Master August 2019 Ontario
    Bianca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I’m Italian, therefore I never really considered a gift registry until my fiancée brought it up. With that being said, we’re going to do a registry for the sake of guests who most-likely can’t make it.
  • Stephanie
    Frequent user May 2018 Ontario
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Only having a gift registry for the bridal shower not the wedding. Let's be honest there's only thing i need after spending 20 grand on a wedding Smiley xd

• Alexa
    Frequent user December 2017 Alberta
    Alexa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Skipping this tradition. My mom was totally weirded out that we weren't having one lol. We have been living together for almost 5 years and our wedding is out of the province so most guests will be travelling to be there, and that is a gift enough. Won't say no to the ol' care and cash though!
  • Amanda
    Super August 2018 Alberta
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Skipping. We have already lived together for 5 years and we have almost everything we need.
  • Bethany
    Super July 2018 Alberta
    Bethany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We kept it! We have been living together but decided it would be the best idea so people had an idea of what we would want.
  • Dani
    Frequent user February 2018 British Columbia
    Dani ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Awkwardly skipping this

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics