Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Joey
WeddingWire Admin May 2015 Maryland

Keep Or Skip Round 2 - Before The Wedding Edition!

Joey, on December 11, 2017 at 08:25 Posted in Before the wedding 0 9

Hello all you lovely Community members! This week we're playing a second round of "Keep or Skip". This is a little game to help us have some fun while learning about each others' wedding plans and tastes. Reply in the comments with your opinions Smiley smile

The first edition was all about Wedding Traditions. This one is all about Before The Wedding. Ready to play?

Keep Or Skip Round 2 - Before The Wedding Edition! 1

Let's get started:

The Engagement Party

Save The Dates

Wedding Website

Gift Registry

Bridal / Wedding Showers

Bachelor / Bachelorette Parties

Stag & Doe / Jack & Jill

Pre-Wedding Counseling

Welcome Baskets

The Rehearsal

The Rehearsal Dinner

Sleeping Apart The Night Before The Wedding

Photo by Fox Photography in Toronto

9 Comments

Latest activity by Victoria, on December 15, 2017 at 12:42
  • Victoria
    Expert November 2019 Ontario
    Victoria ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Engagement party - Keep if someone offers to host for you. My FH's mom wanted to plan one, so we said yes! She really loves planning and I'm happy to keep her happy by doing so. That being said, we wouldn't have had one if we had to plan on our own. Too much work with school/wedding planning.

Save the dates - KEEEEP. We have many out of country guests who need to book flights/get their passports in order.

Wedding website - Keep. Good place to put info that wont fit on invites. We will have a page of things to do in the area for out of town guests, hotel information, registry links, etc. Also, people lose invites and this is a good way to get the information without nagging the bride and groom lol.

Gift registry - Keep.

Showers - I am ONLY doing a shower cause my mom would be crushed if I didn't. I think they're archaic and misogynistic. I'm not prepping to be a stay at home wife... I don't need a party for pots and pans and I think its silly that these kinds of parties are tradition only for women.

Bachelorettes - Keep cause duh.

Stag & Doe - Im iffy. I feel like weddings already cost enough for guests, but they can also be a fun time for people.

Pre-wedding counselling - To each their own! We won't be doing so, but I think if a couple wants to do it then go for it. No one size fits all answer.

Welcome baskets - Perhaps, we have a lot of out of town guests. My future MIL wants to do them for her own family so might just let her do it (my fam is all pretty local).

Rehearsal - Yes because I am a control freak.

Rehearsal dinner - Yes, I think its a nice way to just show some appreciation to everyone who has helped out.

Sleeping apart - To each their own. We will be sleeping apart solely because I want to spend the night with my bridal party... We are getting married at a hotel/spa so I think itll be fun to spend the night at the hotel and wake up to get our hair/makeup done together in the suite.

• Courtney
    Super July 2018 Ontario
    Courtney ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

The Engagement Party - We did this about a month after getting engaged. I sort of wish we didn't though, ended up being stressful and caused some issues within the families.

Save The Dates - Sent this bad boys out in September for our July wedding. i think with so many people planning their lives so far in advance it was a must. Plus I got to show off one of our cute engagement pictures.

Wedding Website - Nope. I feel like no one would use it.

Gift Registry - Unfortunately we have one. I wish we didn't as we don't need anything but family has insisted we have one.

Bridal / Wedding Showers - I don't want one. Family sounds like they are setting one up anyway. I don't really see the point as I don't need another set of gifts.

Bachelor / Bachelorette Parties - Yep! We're all looking forward to it, just another excuse to get together!

Stag & Doe / Jack & Jill - Nope. I don't like the idea of asking for more financial support from our guests. So many events as it is.

Pre-Wedding Counseling - Nope. We're very lucky that we communicate very well.

Welcome Baskets - No as we don't have anyone coming in from out of town

The Rehearsal - I think we'll have to, but it'll just be a dinner really.

The Rehearsal Dinner - Sort of tied in to the previous question.

Sleeping Apart The Night Before The Wedding - I don't want to... but my mum is insisting as its tradition. Silly mums.

• Jodi
    Frequent user September 2018 Alberta
    Jodi ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Https://www.travelersjoy.com/?wc=y

Looks really neat!!

• Leah
    Newbie October 2018 Ontario
    Leah ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Engagement party: we had our first attempt of a B&D and it was a bit of a flop so we are calling that our engagement party.

Save the dates: not completely sure what those are. I was under the impression that was what went out with the invitations so most likely will do.

Wedding website: we do not have a website but we have a Facebook page which is basically the same thing these days

Gift registry: yes if we can. Pending once I find out what a travel registry is.

Bridal shower: yes, hopefully.

Bachelor/Bachelorette parties: yes and our wedding party is stoked for it!

Stag & doe; yes, we tried doing one ourselves but it didn't work out too well so my dad is throwing us one.

Pre-wedding counselling: our officiant requires it so yes, plus I think it's a good idea anyways.

Welcome baskets : nope

The rehearsal: yes because people need to know what they are doing
    Rehearsal dinner: we will probably feed people at some point during the rehearsal. Nothing formal though.
  • Leah
    Newbie October 2018 Ontario
    Leah ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Just wonder what is a travel registry?
  • Bethany
    Super July 2018 Alberta
    Bethany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Ahh I love these quizzes! They are so much fun!
  • Jodi
    Frequent user September 2018 Alberta
    Jodi ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

The Engagement Party - Not doing- we got engaged on a holiday in mexico so we celebrated with his family then.

Save The Dates - Done. we are getting married on a long weekend so we thought that was a must!

Wedding Website - yes love the idea!

Gift Registry -- doubt it.. we have so much already. possibly a travel registry.

Bridal / Wedding Showers --- I don't know ?

Bachelor / Bachelorette Parties -- I would think so

Stag & Doe / Jack & Jill --- don't even know what this is

Pre-Wedding Counseling -no

Welcome Baskets -- no

The Rehearsal --- I don't know our wedding is sort of unique

The Rehearsal Dinner --- see above

Sleeping Apart The Night Before The Wedding - doubt it.

• M
    Expert July 2018 Alberta
    Marina ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Yay game! Love them!
  • Erin
    Master September 2017 Ontario
    Erin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Oh this should be interesting!