Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

C
VIP September 2023 Ontario

Keep or skip: bouquet and garter toss?

Carine, on September 19, 2022 at 11:40 Posted in Wedding reception 0 21

What tradition are you keeping or skipping?

We are doing the bouquet toss and skipping the garter toss as my Fiance doesn't want to do it.

21 Comments

Latest activity by KELLY, on September 20, 2022 at 21:14
  • KELLY
    Super October 2023 Ontario
    KELLY ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Yes that is true!
  • Brittany
    Featured August 2023 Alberta
    Brittany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Fair enough! all of the guests that are women have a ring or will already be married by the time my wedding happen.

• C
    Carine ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Ya, I recounted and I have 6 single girls but in relationships waiting for the rings. When I said I wasn't going to do one they were disappointed so I am doing it for them.

• C
    Carine ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

You never know, I feel like it's a wedding sport to do a bouquet toss more than it being who is getting married next.

• Brittany
    Featured August 2023 Alberta
    Brittany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We are skipping both the bouquet toss and garter toss. We are having a micro wedding, no more than 40 people and all but 3 people will be single or at least in a relationship that is less than 11 months. So there wont be much people on the receiving end. All the women that are coming are either wives, fiancés or long-term girlfriends (think 5 plus years) and all the men are the same except for 3 guys. So no thanks! LOL

• KELLY
    KELLY ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Toss it then girl and pass on your luck in love to another! The 3 single ladies that I have are between 55-85..... not sure there is going to be a fight for it LOL

• C
    Carine ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I am not tossing my bouquet, I am keeping that for sure. I'm getting spare bouquets thanks to my venue so will just be using that.

I can not picture my FH getting down and crawling up my dress, plus it would be mean he has back problems.

• Lissa
    Devoted October 2022 Ontario
    Lissa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Skipping both! I can’t imagine a garter toss in front of everyone, my FH would be so awkward 😂
    As for the bouquet toss most attendees are married so there was no point really. I thought about giving it to the longest married couple, but I’ll be preserving it instead
  • C
    Carine ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I would skip it, but my single girls are looking forward to catching the bouquet.

• C
    Carine ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I have 4, 3 that are in a relationship and one who is just single, but they want to catch it, so why not.

• Malyssa
    Expert October 2022 Alberta
    Malyssa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We plan on opting out of both. Neither have any real value for us, and both put a little too much pressure on our guests and us. Plus, were having a late start to our day, so we want to be able to enjoy as much of the party as possible without other things taking away from it.

• KELLY
    KELLY ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We aren't doing a garter toss or a bouquet toss since there are only 3 single ladies on our guest list

• Hank
    Featured September 2021 Ontario
    Hank ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Nothing that had to do with relationship statuses or specific to guys vs girls. Even with the bride walking down the aisle, I had both her parents join her. Her mom had just as much of a hand in raising her and deserved that spotlight along with her dad.

• C
    Carine ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

That is more than fair, did you do anything to replace that tradition and started a new tradition?

• Hank
    Featured September 2021 Ontario
    Hank ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We skipped both the bouquet and garter toss. We didn't want to embarrass our non-married guests and the whole thing is rooted in some sexist ideas that we just didn't feel comfortable with.

• Amanda
    Featured August 2022 British Columbia
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

It really was!

• Julie
    Featured May 2023 Ontario
    Julie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We are skipping both the bouquet toss and garter toss. All of our guests are married or super young. I'm still toying with the idea of the bouquet giveaway to the couple who is married the longest....which looks like it will be my folks Smiley heart

• C
    Carine ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

It was, people can't believe how well we were meant for each other. It took a lot of heartbreaks but he was worth the wait.

• Julie
    Featured May 2023 Ontario
    Julie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

What a funny/lovely story! It was meant to be Smiley heart

• C
    Carine ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Your wedding made him do the move.

I'm doing the bouquet toss because I have 3 couples who are dating but not engaged.

My FH is strange he wants to get married have the wedding but skip the garter toss and anything dancing. lol His goal is to drink and play lawn games. My goal drink and dance.

• Amanda
    Featured August 2022 British Columbia
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We originally weren't going to do either but since postponing for two years my husband decided after waiting this long that he wanted to have the garter toss. So we did do the bouquet toss and garter toss!

Funny story my husband's brother caught the garter and his girlfriend caught my bouquet and they got engaged 3 days later!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics