Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

T
Newbie August 2022 British Columbia

Kamloops

Taylor, on December 4, 2018 at 20:25 Posted in British Columbia 0 3
Hi, new here 😃 my fiance and I have chosen to get married in kamloops BC. I am from northern Alberta and he is from kamloops area. He hasn't lived there in years. And we have only visited twice since ever been together in 4 years.

So I was wondering on a lot of stuff.
We were wanting to find a venue that is outside that can do the ceremony and the reception and photos all in one location. I've searched on here and have only found a couple venues. Can anyone help on locations ?? Thanks so much 😃😃

3 Comments

Latest activity by Taylor, on December 5, 2018 at 14:56
  • T
    Newbie August 2022 British Columbia
    Taylor ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Hi! Thanks is so much for the information. The rainbows roost is one we want to look at!! But I cant seem to find any updated information on them. We were wanting something like it as they fo there own catering and everything right there !!

• Brittany
    British Columbia
    Brittany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Welcome to the community Taylor! Congratulations on your engagement!

I do not know the Kamloops area well, however, I would strongly suggest going for more of a turn-key venue, such as a conference centre/hotel/etc... where the food, bar, linens, furniture, etc are mainly included or on-site. It will be much easier for you to plan from a distance if you're not managing multiple 3rd party vendors!

Also a venue that is fairly 'good looking' on it's own, without need of too much decor, as you will already be traveling, you may not want to be hauling a bunch of wedding decor!

Something like The Rainbow Roost could be interesting, although may be too far if you have a number of out of town guests who will be staying closer to downtown Kamloops...

If your FH's family is still located in the area, they may have some suggestions too... or may be able to help mediate some communication with your venue/do some on-site visits on your behalf?

Good luck!

• Leah
    VIP April 2019 British Columbia
    Leah ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Hi Taylor - Congratulations and welcome to the community!

Sometimes the selection on WW is limited for smaller cities. In addition to hotels with outdoor spaces , you may want to try venues like vineyards/cideries, and botanical gardens.

Please let us know what you end up securing - and maybe suggest that they advertise on WW too!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics