Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

S
Curious August 2021 Ontario

Just need to vent.

Sabrina, on April 6, 2021 at 14:30 Posted in WeddingWire 0 22
I've approached my limit and I feel sad, frustrated, and angry. I don't feel like a bride anymore and I don't even feel like I'm getting married. None of our family and friends really understand how it feels and what we are going through. We've been hit with criticism (e.g., I'm not going to risk dying to come to your party), expectations (e.g., but we are family), and unwanted and equally unhelpful comments and advice (e.g., at least you have each other; you should postpone again). Is anyone else feeling like this? Like no matter what you do -all the compromising and constant changing due to the restrictions- you just can't win?

22 Comments

Latest activity by Kaitlynn, on April 15, 2021 at 21:19
  • Kaitlynn
    Kaitlynn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Yes, they offered a refund. I think we will take it, I just don't see myself having the wherewithal to plan a party another year and a half away now.
  • Kaitlyn
    Frequent user August 2022 Ontario
    Kaitlyn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

THIS!!!!! I feel alllll of this....our wedding is approaching so quickly (71 days I think) and when Ontario went into shut down last week my aunt called me to tell me our wedding isn't going to happen... HOW IS THAT HELPFUL!????? I am totally aware of the current situation by my Fiance and I have been together 6 years and are ready to start a family....so forge ahead we go....We've decided if we can have 100 guests (orange framework for Ontario) we will have our wedding as planned (covid appropriate of course). If not, we feel we have paid way too much in deposits to do a smaller wedding and will postpone our reception to next year, but still have a small intimate ceremony this year (just not sure at all right now what that will look like).

• S
    Sabrina ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I just wanted to let you all know how appreciative I am for your support. It really helps to belong to a community that truly understands what this is like. Smiley sad I'm sorry for us all and hope for the best even though we have been dealt a difficult (and sometimes seemingly impossible) hand.

• S
    Sabrina ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

At this point I honestly feel like those who aren't "stakeholders" in our wedding are more likely to say these hurtful things. They just don't get it. I'm starting to feel resentful, often wondering why they got the wedding they wanted and planned and feel like they have the right to tell me that I don't and can't have. Smiley sad

Ah, thank you for your support, I really appreciate it. I really feel for us all. This is so awful to experience over and over again.

• S
    Sabrina ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I would be glad to but I've lost confidence in it all, wondering how many times we will need to postpone or what else will happen to derail our plans once again. It was scheduled for last August, postponed to this June, now looks like we'll have to postpone again.

• S
    Sabrina ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I'm so sorry. We feel the same - doesn't look like my bridal shower or wedding will be happening at this point either.

• S
    Sabrina ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

We feel the same. We are facing another postponement and it feels utterly ridiculous because of all the money we spent on a pre-pandemic wedding.

Me too. I feel like no one else really understands what we are all going through. It's tough.

Thank you and warm hugs in return!

• S
    Sabrina ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I'm so sorry. Did they provide you with a refund? We seem to be in the same boat; doesn't look like the bridal shower or the wedding will happen.

• Kaitlynn
    Kaitlynn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I feel you. We were supposed to be Aug 29 2020, postponed to Aug 28 2021, and just this morning our venue emailed to cancel our date. I'm just not into it anymore, I dont think I'll ever get that feeling back. I've let myself go physically lol, I'm not excited in the least anymore, and I am not in the planning headspace anymore. I'm not sure what to do anymore. I wish you luck, I'm commenting to say you're not alone and there are plenty of us who are in the same boat.
  • Kara
    Frequent user June 2022 Ontario
    Kara ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Oh man. I feel this for sure. I’m sorry you’re feeling it too. It really honestly sucks. No matter what you do, everyone always has their own opinions. For me, it feels like everyone has kind of forgotten about it- our wedding party hasn’t spoken about our wedding since last year, no one asks how we’re doing with postponing to our 4th date. Thinking about all the money we’re losing is depressing. Not exciting at all.
    Super glad we have all the brides here to help lift our spirits and grieve along with us when needed!
    This day is about you guys! Whatever you’re comfortable with it looking like is your decision! Sending love and (virtual) hugs!
  • H
    Newbie June 2021 Ontario
    Hannah ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I feel the exact same way! We had postponed from February 2021 to October 2021 but have now planned a small intimate ceremony this June (5th). With this third lockdown for 4 weeks in ON I’m terrified we won’t even be able to have our back up plan and compromised intimate ceremony 😩 it’s so disheartening. I agree 100% I do not feel like a bride either / and the excitement is gone
  • L
    Frequent user April 2021 Ontario
    Linda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Yep. Absolutely feel the same way. All the comments feel like sand bags weighing my excitement I had down. I just want it to be over now. Move on with my life.
  • Kasey
    Beginner February 2022 Ontario
    Kasey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Ugh, I totally feel you. I'm at the point where I don't even want to bother. Trying to visualize how the big day will actually look during this climate is hard but I'm hoping that it all somehow comes together and I'm sure at the end, I'll just be relived its over. I'm hoping at the very least we can save some money from this and make it more intimate (without extended family) but I know its hard regardless because we wanted everyone there. I hope you find your silver lining Cindy! Ontario is looking grim because our population is so condensed. Hoping Alberta isn't too bad on you!

• Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    It seems your family is being critical of the situation to say I would attend though not to the point of risking anything. Its a sad case of being disrespectful to you both by simply declining or saying we will come at a later time when things are better. At this point, as much as it hurts to say, make it a simple ceremony with just parents siblings and whomever you choose to be present and get married to feel that joy and happiness within yourselves.
  • Stefanie
    Devoted August 2021 Saskatchewan
    Stefanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    100% feel you there. There are so many emotions that come with it all. We were supposed to be married last August and postponed to this August. My fiance and I have been together 12 years. We want another baby and his grandma wants so badly to see us get married. Well she's now dealing with some health issues and it was a reminder to me for why I said we are going ahead this summer no matter what. I hope every day that things will be improved by then but we will make it work!!!
  • Melanie
    Curious May 2022 Alberta
    Melanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I’m sorry, I can relate although I was glad to postpone my wedding this May so we could buy a house instead. It is hard to feel like you’re a bride when you barely can celebrate your engagement and wonder if you’ll be able to have a shower and bachelorette or even the wedding itself. When is your wedding?
  • Melanie
    Curious May 2022 Alberta
    Melanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    What a nice post office lady! I love that and hope she has some random kindness coming her way.
  • A-W
    Frequent user May 2021 Ontario
    A-W ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I feel you. Planning and postponing has been so frustrating and everyone has an opinion on everything. This 3rd lockdown has made it so I'm not even sure if we can get married since they aren't giving out marriage licenses ahead of time or during lockdown where I am.
    I have been trying to just accept when people are worried and letting them know they don't have to come but also having to be strict about who is invited (one family member decided to invited extra people to our downsized wedding, which was super uncool) .
    I hope things get better! Smiley heart
  • Sarah
    Curious July 2021 Ontario
    Sarah ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    My friend actually said to me the other day... “just because you might be able to have a wedding in July, do you think it’s morally responsible?”
    This is honestly the hardest thing to be going through and nobody has any clue what it’s like. Everyone thinks you can just postpone or invite less people, have a virtual shower... but they don’t realize that we all feel like moments are being taken away from us. Do I want to have all of my guests wearing masks at my wedding.. no but I want to get married this year so that I can start a family. Am I happy about it? No, and I don’t need people telling me just to change this or that like it’s no big deal.
    I totally feel you and sometimes I just feel like burying myself under the covers and not planning anything anymore because everything keeps changing. Coming out of this, I think we will all be stronger individuals because we have gone through something that has never happened in our lifetimes. It sucks and you are welcome to vent here anytime! Heck if you want to WhatsApp and vent, I’m all in! Stay strong and do what YOU want to do!
  • Daily
    Expert August 2022 Ontario
    Daily ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Don’t worry about it!! I feel like wedding wire is a place for the brides to vent and they’ll understand us!! I feel you. Yea some people can be a little insensitive and don’t understand what you go through. Like my sister joke around saying I might have to postpone my 2022 wedding, I said I am not going to postpone for the Third time. At one point I don’t feel excited about planning my wedding anymore because I don’t know when it’s gonna happen. Now I’m ON we have a third lockdown.
  • Amanda
    Frequent user October 2021 Ontario
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Big sigh girl I feel your pain I'm planning my wedding for October of this year and I'm definitely prepared to post pone or reduce the amount of people I'd I have to . I haven't even told many people as I don't want the response as it would just bring me down so I'm doing planning pretty much on my own. I had a moment today when I mailed my invitations at the post office the lady looked at my invitation envelopes and said how beautiful they look and for a moment I forgot about everything going on around me it's the little things right. She didn't comment about how crazy I am for sending them just how beautiful they look. Stay positive and try to be mentally prepared for a change if that come on your special day . Your day will be amazing and beautiful ❤️❤️
  • Cindy
    Frequent user May 2021 Alberta
    Cindy ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Vent away.... that is what we are here for. Smiley heart

I am so sorry you are dealing with all this. I would have thought after a year of this that people would be WAY more understanding and WAY more supportive. I really hope you have some sort of support system (other that us wonderful people) to keep you going through this.

Unfortunately I am not dealing with the same situations from the outside but I sure do feel like no matter what I do I can't win. This pandemic is kicking my butt. I mean, who thought we would be planning a wedding during a pandemic let alone planning and postponing and planning and postponing again. I'm exhausted.

Try to keep your chin up and ALWAYS remember that this day is about you and your future husband..... no one else. Smiley heart

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics