Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Jessica
Newbie October 2021 Ontario

Just got engaged!!! No Idea where to start..... Help!

Jessica, on December 30, 2019 at 14:34 Posted in Ontario 0 8

EEEEEE! I just got engaged on boxing day! I'm over the moon!

We don't have a date or venue at all. Would love to keep in casual, fun... under 100 people. Would love any suggestions/advice. We are a Toronto couple but our families are in Cobourg and Ottawa.

8 Comments

Latest activity by Tori, on January 2, 2020 at 14:23
  • Tori
    Top October 2019 Manitoba
    Tori ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Congratulations!!!

First thing we did was decide on a time of year we wanted to get married, then a rough guest list so we knew what the venue would/ should be able to accomodate and then found the venue. After that all the other vendors will fall into place like food/alc., DJ, etc.

• Rayanne
    Master June 2022 Ontario
    Rayanne ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Congratulations and welcome to wedding wire. You definitely need to find your reception venue first. Happy planning.
  • Geneviève
    VIP September 2020 Ontario
    Geneviève ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Congrats on your engagement!
    Spring/summer 2021 sounds great! And enough time to organize your time and get thinking. Do you have a theme or a palette you like yet?
    Since you already have a good idea of the amount of people you want, you can go venue hunting! Do it soon so you can lock in 2029/2020 pricing. You might find it easier/cheaper to find a venue outside the city. GTA prices can get really crazy depending on where you look!
  • Ashley
    VIP August 2020 Ontario
    Ashley ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Congrats!!!! make a rough guest list and then start contacting halls and ceremony places!! youll need to book a hotel block for out of town guests for sure

• Jessica
    Jessica ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Thank you!! This is very helpful Smiley smile

• M
    Expert September 2019 Ontario
    Meaghan ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I think most engagements are 12 - 18 months. That's not to say you can't plan it in less (we planned ours in 5 weeks and were very happy with the result) but generally something has to give with a shorter timeframd whether that's an increased budget, scaled down event, etc. I think 2020 is also an unusually busy wedding year because of the date so you might get better deals by waiting the extra year.
    I think spring/summer 2021 would be lovely! Whenever you choose we are happy to help!
  • Jessica
    Jessica ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I'm super flexible on date. I'm fine waiting until spring/summer 2021 but our parents think we should do it this summer / fall. That just seems so fast.... but I could be overthinking everything haha

• M
    Expert September 2019 Ontario
    Meaghan ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Congratulations!!! You've got lots of options where you are located. It may be easiest if you aren't particular on date to keep that flexibility until you've chosen a venue.
    Do you have an idea of how long you'd like your engagement to be?

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics