Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

T
Beginner June 2021 Ontario

June 26 2021 wedding

Teresa, on January 24, 2021 at 00:04 Posted in Ontario 1 6
After some long discussion with my fiancé, we have decided that we will still get married on June 26 2021 but push the reception to a date in 2022 so we can invite everyone. For our wedding ceremony, we have a few ideas:
Option 1: if outdoor ceremony restrictions are still under 10 ppl, we will have a city hall wedding with just our parents present
Option 2: if outdoor ceremony increase to at least 25 ppl, we find a public park and get a permit (hoping for our date) and we will have both our parents(3 ppl) the bridal party (7 ppl), officiant(1ppl) and photographer(2ppl)
I just feel so stressed as I hate doing things last minute. I need to contact all my vendors to try to hopefully be able to have everyone be available for 2022 and just don’t know what the outcome will be.

6 Comments

Latest activity by Brianne, on March 21, 2021 at 19:33
  • Brianne
    Beginner May 2023 Ontario
    Brianne ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Just came by to say I completely understand where you're coming from!! I am a planner as well and COVID has made wedding planning exceptionally difficult. We were supposed to have our wedding in 2020, but decided to only get legally married in 2020 and postponed our full wedding to 2021. We've now actually postponed our wedding again to most likely 2022 or 2023 (waiting to see how things go lol). My best advice for you is to give yourself a moment to reflect on what truly matters most to you. As I've learned, there are so many ways you can move forward with getting married and having a reception later, but ultimately you gotta do what feels best for you - it's YOUR story. Also, I know it sounds crazy, but if you can come up with dates that things have to be done by, go by those dates (and not sooner) - things are changing so much and so often it's hard to plan this far in advance and you'll drive yourself crazy by always having to readjust. Finally, focus on your goal. For me, thinking about our future wedding (how we hope it to be, not actually making permanent arrangements until it makes sense) helps makes the uncertainties and postponements bearable. Best of luck ❤
  • Kaitlyn
    Frequent user August 2022 Ontario
    Kaitlyn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We are getting married June 26, 2021 regardless of what that looks like. We are getting married (and live) in the Niagara region. We are keeping our fingers crossed by the end of June we are in orange as our venue is entirely outdoors and we could have 100 people. If not we will be disappointed but plan to go ahead anyways.

• Suz
    Newbie June 2021 Ontario
    Suz ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

It's a really rough place to be -- planning all these different scenarios, and basically trying to get everything ready last minute. So stressful.

We're going to move forward with our June ceremony, but looking to book an outdoor private venue that can accommodate at least 25-30 (our closest family/friends), and then if guidelines open up a bit, it can expand to 50-80 with social distancing. It's definitely pricier than a permit, but feels a little more guaranteed. We are going to push the reception further out and just play that by ear, since indoor dining is hard to plan for and everything has to be seated right now, so no cocktails, etc. (though outdoor receptions might be an option, if you're open to that, but not really sure what guidelines are there). We also thought about waiting until 2022, but worried that every venue/space/vendor would be booked up from existing/postponed weddings.

• Amanda
    Expert July 2022 Ontario
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I and many of the other users here are in the same boat as you - I am still crossing my fingers for hopes that this will get better by June, as that is our wedding date as well, but we will have to wait and see what happens. We will be making out final decision come April if we will proceed or postpone... It truly is a sucky situation that we are all in. I was supposed to be married 2020, I have already postpone to 2021, so for me to postpone AGAIN is a BIG shot to the heart... We will wait to see what happens...

• T
    Beginner June 2021 Ontario
    Teresa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Oh I didn’t know that. Thanks
  • Hank
    Featured September 2021 Ontario
    Hank ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Just a heads up for the City Hall option, Toronto City Hall's wedding chapel is only allowing a max of 5 (the couple, the two witnesses, and their officiant performing the wedding ceremony), which mean one parent will not be able to attend. All other civic centres are closed for weddings.

I highly doubt the city will be allowing event permits for parks so I recommend trying to find a private outdoor space like a golf course or winery for your wedding if you're allowed 25.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics