Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Sara
Newbie June 2023 Ontario

June 2023

Sara, on September 26, 2022 at 14:36 Posted in Before the wedding 0 7

Ahh! We finally picked a venue - and we are finally planning our day!! So excited - not sure if I should of started planning sooner but seems like a lot of people do! Very excited - Any Beach Wedding Reception ideas ?? I would love to hear!

7 Comments

Latest activity by KELLY, on September 28, 2022 at 18:41
  • KELLY
    Super October 2023 Ontario
    KELLY ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We are getting married October 2023, if you haven’t booked your venue that should be #1!
  • Hank
    Featured September 2021 Ontario
    Hank ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

If you're DIYing food, then you'll definitely need to plan for logistics. BBQ for 50 people may sound easy but it takes more time than you think, both on the day of and the days leading up to it. Make sure you have a lot of fridge space, not just for meats but all the sides.

Since it's a private beach, you'll need to make sure you have washroom and cleaning facilities available for 50 people. You'll also need noise permits if you're going well into the night, possibly notify neighbours, get a tent permit if you're setting one up in case of rain etc.

• Sara
    Newbie June 2023 Ontario
    Sara ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Thanks so much, Congratulations to you!! I am having a more intimate wedding - closest family and friends at a families beach house - So my venue is handled - and yes it calm body of water and on a private beach so that's a lovely idea with the dock as the aisle possibly. I'm thinking 50 maybe 60 people at most - and we also have access to several BBQ & smoker so was thinking of cooking all the food for the dinner - Buy some prepped items but BBQ /Smoke the mains - Hire in someone to help with that for the day!

• L
    Frequent user August 2023 Ontario
    Lily ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Congrats!! August 2023 here!

I definitely would start planning right away! Are you having a big or more intimate wedding? As someone else mentioned I would book your venue and any major vendors you need ASAP as things are booking up fast. I know venues/vendors that are booking well into 2024 already!

As for beach wedding ideas...are you getting married on a calm body of water? I've seen lots of people use a dock as their aisle and the chairs sit on the sand of the beach.

• Sara
    Newbie June 2023 Ontario
    Sara ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Thanks so much!

• Julie
    Featured May 2023 Ontario
    Julie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Agreed! Start making calls and booking. Congrats and Enjoy the planning. Reach out if you have any questions.
  • C
    VIP September 2023 Ontario
    Carine ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

If you are getting married in June 2023 YES start planning, go shop for a dress, mine is coming in March, seamstress in May. Just a heads up. Things are booking fast for hair, make up, cakes all that fun stuff. I would also book your venue make sure they have your date.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics