Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

N
Newbie July 2020 Alberta

July 25th, 2020 wedding

Nice, on May 22, 2020 at 00:36 Posted in Alberta 0 2
Hi all! My fiance and I still unsure if we are going to postpone the wedding or not. But we are leaning towards proceeding with the wedding. However,our venue is indoor and no other option to change it unless we will change the vendor (venue). Can anybody help us enlightened about what we need to do? Do you think it's worth it to proceed with the wedding?

2 Comments

Latest activity by Nice, on May 22, 2020 at 13:42
  • N
    Newbie July 2020 Alberta
    Nice ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thank you Veronica. I appreciate your reply, and it makes more sense. 🙂
  • Veronica
    Super October 2021 Alberta
    Veronica ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Hello!

What a stressful time we are in!

This is how my FH and I are treating the decision for our October wedding as we wait to see what happens by mid summer.

I think the first step is figuring out what kind of wedding you can have with the guidelines. Right now Indoor Weddings can only be 15 people or less, maintaining physical distancing etc. I am sure we are all hoping that when we move into Phase 2 that number will go up, but I would not expect it to go up by alot (maybe 50 people or less?) so if you can live with that as your guest list then that is the first step towards postponing or not.

After that, you would need to work it out with your venue so that they can follow the guidelines in place. It would just have to be a candid conversation because not following the guidelines is obviously risky.

It all sucks though! I think if you can't imagine having a wedding with less people, having to maintain distance etc then I would just postpone to next year or do a small legal ceremony this year and the party part next year.

Sending love your way as you deal with these difficult times.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics