Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Erin
Newbie July 2022 Ontario

July 16th Brides Ontario - opinions on covid

Erin, on January 25, 2022 at 16:46 Posted in Ontario 0 4
Hi!

Longtime bride-to-be, first time poster. Our original date was June 27th 2020, then Sept 2020, then Sept. 3 2021, now we've changed venues entirely and set it for July 16 2022 on the Toronto Islands - more outdoor space.
I'm wondering what fellow summer brides are anticipating COVID restrictions will be like this summer? When we booked this venue I was a lot more optimistic than I am now.

4 Comments

Latest activity by Vinod, on January 26, 2022 at 10:34
  • Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Postponing the date more than once isn't fun though the restrictions do come into play so much. Its one thing to say its great the wedding is taking place still at a later date than never happening. Its another to say staying excited is hard because the wedding is yet far away than the original countdown time.

You can still get married with just a small guest count in the backyard or somewhere of your choice and still have a second wedding full without the Officiant present as someone else can be in the place than to pay twice. This way you can celebrate with your guests and have an anniversary part/reception in the sense of it.

• Hank
    Featured September 2021 Ontario
    Hank ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

That's rough re: late re-opening. Hope the venue didn't give you too much hassle when you switched out.

But yeah, with the exception of covid going completely away, mid-July has pretty much been a time where things can be as normal as they can get. You should be fine as long as your guest list doesn't total more than 75% capacity of the outdoor venue. I imagine the only real change potentially is the vaccine passport rules being defined as triple vaxxed instead of double but if you're not doing anything indoors, it shouldn't affect you.

• Erin
    Newbie July 2022 Ontario
    Erin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Our original venue, a small brewery, didn't re-open until very late in the reopening and never at full capacity, and by that point we had already made the choice to postpone - many of our guests are from out of province and needed a good heads up.
  • Hank
    Featured September 2021 Ontario
    Hank ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

What was your reason for postponing from Sept 3, 2021? I got married on Sept 5, 2021 and other than masks, I more or less could've had a relatively normal wedding.

With the hindsight of two pandemic summers combined with you having an outdoor space, you should be able to have a celebration without too many major restrictions.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics