Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Sarah
Curious October 2024 Saskatchewan

Joint bachelor/bachelorette party

Sarah, on January 29, 2019 at 01:01 Posted in Before the wedding 0 11
Did anyone have a joint bachelor/ bachelorette party or are you planning to have one? What did you guys do? We live in Regina and are having a hard time. We thought about pub golf but the bars in this area are not the greatest. We wouldnt mind a wine tasting event but are looking for something a little more on the wild side

11 Comments

Latest activity by Liarra, on January 29, 2019 at 14:11
  • L
    Frequent user February 2020 Ontario
    Liarra ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

YES!!
    We are in the same boat, some of our "campers" are glampers!
    Also if you rent close enough to town you girls could go in and explore local shops, hit up a restaurant, do mani/pedis before heading back to meet the guys for the evening. I think it works out to be a good balance!

Good luck Smiley smile

• A
    Curious June 2019 British Columbia
    Amber ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

My spouse suggested a joint one and I said NO! Haha. We do everything together, so I thought we would get to do this one thing separate! However, his best man is planning a pretty rad Bachelor party, and maybe I'm a wee bit jealous now...

I think, if we did do a together thing as well, we'd do a camping trip. I really enjoyed it when one of my friends did one at Mount Robson, and honestly would do it there as well probably.

• Sarah
    Sarah ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I iove this! We both enjoy camping but some of the guests rather glamp in like a hotel haha. We won’t be getting together any other time as well until we are in the Dominican. There will be lots of time for the wedding party to get to know each other in the Dominican before the wedding but I’d still like to do something big like this before we go with everyone who’s close to us. We are only having 30 of our immediate family members join us in the Dominican.
  • Sarah
    Sarah ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    That a cool idea to have that all mixed together and a little bit of everything for everyone
  • Sarah
    Sarah ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    We will be doing something like that but as a large group activity. We only have 30 people coming to the Dominican with us and it’s mostly immediate families. We won’t be having a reception when we return home so the joint party is really to celebrate with all of our friends and the family who are not able to make it out.
  • L
    Frequent user February 2020 Ontario
    Liarra ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We plan on doing a joint celebration also. Our friends are not quite as keen on the idea, so what we've sort of asked for is the following.

Renting two separate cottages on the same lake or a very very short drive apart for a Fri/Sat leaving Sun weekend. Friday we are planning on doing things separated, girls get their night to play games/drink/have a fire etc, and boys can do their own thing. Saturday we would all meet up and play some beach volleyball, drinking games, fire dinner together etc.

For us it seemed odd to not have them together as we dont want strippers and we're not bar people. So why not just have it joined.

I should mention we're also not having a Stag and Doe (jack and jill etc) or an engagement party so this is the only time our entire wedding party will meet prior to the rehearsal dinner. So to me it just makes so much more sense to get to everyone together for a little party/bachelor(ette) weekend!

• Meghan
    Devoted April 2019 Ontario
    Meghan ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We are doing this! In the middle of planning it now actually haha We are calling it a Bachelor(ette) Party- we wanted something that ALL of our friends and significant others could attend. We are both laid bad and prefer pubs over clubs so we found a bar in Toronto that has games and such (pool, pinball, etc). It has something for everyone because if you want the bar experience, you can have that, then theres the games, and downstairs they have a DJ.

• Vanessa
    Frequent user September 2019 Ontario
    Vanessa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I noticed you're getting married in the DR! I went to a destination wedding where we did bachelor/bachelorette parties on the same night. We went out separately on the resort but then met up for a big joint end to the evening. Is this something you might want to do?

• Tori
    Top October 2019 Manitoba
    Tori ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We considered doing a joint party for a little bit but overall decided not to - with that being said, here were some of the ideas that were on the list of potential activities:

Go Karts

Paint Ball

Escape Rooms

Brewery

Scavenger Hunt around the city

Rent out theatre to play X-Box - boys

Thermea/ Spa Day - girls

• Becky
    VIP September 2019 Ontario
    Becky ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I am planning one for a friend and in her wedding party. What she mentioned she would like was, to do separate activities during the day and then at night we could either all go out to eat or host a bbq and have drinks. We were going to rent an air bnb. We thought if everyone in wedding party brought munchies there would be lots and then could do a bbq and drinks with few games as group. They are laid back people and this suits what they would like

• Kelsie
    Master July 2021 Ontario
    Kelsie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We’re probably doing it together but I don’t think we’ll label it a bachelor/bachelorette.

we’re just going to get friends and family together at one of our homes and barbecue and drink. Nothing fancy at all.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics