Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

K
Expert September 2018 British Columbia

"jobs"

Kim, on February 28, 2018 at 11:52 Posted in Wedding ceremony 0 8

We're doing a small (40 family member) wedding with cocktails, canapes and then a lunch buffet to follow. We have no bridal party and no DOC.

My family is large and cousins did not make the guest list cut. However there are a couple I am close to and am considering asking to be there to help out and enjoy the day with us.

What are some of things we should be thinking about as far as tasks go? I figure they can greet guests, direct them to the bar for punch, and tell them to sit wherever they like for the ceremony.

We could use someone to help move the pillars and flowers from the ceremony aisle to the sweetheart table.

What other things can we task them with? We will have my brother MC'ing so he'll direct people from the ceremony on the patio back inside for canapes and will call the table numbers to go up to the buffet.

8 Comments

Latest activity by Kim, on March 1, 2018 at 11:02
  • K
    Kim ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Oh they would be guests - just a small "job" that's not much of a job then they can enjoy the ceremony and reception just like any other guest Smiley smile

• Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    How about the siblings from each family to help out with moving the decor and have a table for snacks instead and let your family enjoy more as guests. It wouldn't be too much to ask, just a bit tired after running around so much before the entrance.
  • K
    Kim ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

No bridal party - this wedding is small potatoes *laughs*

• Bianca
    Master August 2019 Ontario
    Bianca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I don’t think you should give your guests too many tasks because they’re guest after all.

Do you have a bridal party? If so, this might be better suited for them.
  • K
    Kim ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I was thinking something like ushers, just not sure we need ushers with such a small group and we're not doing "sides". But maybe we'll have them just to include the two of them.

• Lynnie
    WeddingWire Admin October 2016 North Carolina
    Lynnie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

You could have one or two do a ceremony reading and two or three people be ushers! Those are more considered positions of honor instead of "jobs" and might feel like a nicer invite Smiley smile

• K
    Kim ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

It would be a way for them to attend as we can't invite them and not the other cousins Smiley sad

We wouldnt want to slave drive them, just give them enough to "justify" them being included and not the other cousins.

• Erin
    Master September 2017 Ontario
    Erin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I don't know if this is the best idea. I would personally feel a little put off that someone I am close with and related to wants me to work their wedding but not really attend it as a guest. It may rub them the wrong way but they are your family and you would know best.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics