Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Emilie
Featured Quebec

January 2017 - Wedding Journal

Emilie, on February 1, 2017 at 09:11 Posted in WeddingWire 0 9

Hi lovely brides-to-be!

I thought it would be a good idea to start something like a monthly journal to share what happened in your wedding planning this month. How do you like the idea? Smiley smile

Let's talk about planning! Smiley heart

- What did you find this month?

- Did you have any revelations or learned great tips?

- Did you feel disappointed on certain things?

- What did you feel the most proud of?

- What would you like for next month?

Wedding Journal

Image: Pinterest

9 Comments

Latest activity by Linzer, on February 1, 2017 at 18:59
  • L
    Expert August 2018 Ontario
    Linzer ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Neat! As I've shared , I like to journal!

- What did you find this month?

So in January I signed contracts for my ceremony venue, photographer and reserved my reception venue! I also scoured Pinterest and figured out what type of decor I want for both ceremony and reception.

- Did you have any revelations or learned great tips?

Don't send out 50 inquries at once because you will be completely overwhelmed with responses!

- Did you feel disappointed on certain things?

I wish that we could have gotten everything for a bit cheaper (ceremony and reception venue quotes) but I'm pretty content overall. I'm sad I have to wait so long!

- What did you feel the most proud of?

Finding a dope photographer and getting so much done in general.

- What would you like for next month?

I'd like to try and find my dress (first appointment booked on the 18th!) And get some quotes from florists. I have two wedding shows booked for February, National Bridal Show this weekend and then the Wedding Co. Market on the 26th! I'd like to find a good hair stylist as well, not even just got the wedding but for regular stuff.

On the 18th I'm having brunch at my venue as well so I'm excited to show my mom the restaurant and get her input on decor!

• Natasha
    VIP August 2017 Ontario
    Natasha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I love it ... and cannot wait to maybe read them on our anniversaries and remember what an amazing time it was for us

• Simone
    Master August 2017 Manitoba
    Simone ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Thanks Sam. I taking everything in stride and hope to stay focus and positive in the overall end. It's our day and I feel that my MOH and anyone from any side of family and wedding party have no say in our, unless they are contributing financially. The positive side is my mom has been doing her best and is being supportive. She has also taking more on with the planning aspect and helping out on our social. I hope this month is better.
  • Samtam
    VIP November 2016 British Columbia
    Samtam ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

This is a great idea! One of my bridesmaids gave me a journal to use during the planning process so I can look back on things. I tried to make entries for all of the big things like choosing my dress, etc so that I could remember how I felt in the moment.

• Samtam
    Samtam ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Aw that is such a great idea! I'm sure he's going to love the letters and that's such a great keepsake!

• Samtam
    Samtam ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I'm sorry to hear you've been dealing with some challenges! I think that's great though that you've addressed them head on and hope that things improve! You're doing an amazing job with all your planning!

• Simone
    Master August 2017 Manitoba
    Simone ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I like to idea Emilie. I found last month was a bit of a challenge. There were so opposition from a couple of people on my family terms of planning the wedding social with unnecessary feedback, rude comments and tone to say the least. I did find a good deal for the groomsman suits as I would $20.00 off for the groomsmen and FH's suit is free. I found out that my FH's suit compliments me and the bridal party, my mom and his mom would compliment the groomsmen colors. I also found tickets that I need for the wedding social; my PBA (Personal Bride Assistant), Gus and I came up with good ideas to decorate the hall. My PBA I feel disappointed at my MOH at the moment as she has been a bit unpleasant towards me and my PBA and I talked about as I was furious at her actions. My FH was not happy about it either. I am keeping a close eye on her and if it continues a decision will be made to dismiss her of her duties. Despite it all I am proud to see that everything is coming together and my mom and came up with a good solution for transportation for the wedding to make sure our guests has a ride to and from the wedding. Next month, we will be meeting with our priest for the legal marriage documents and starting wedding preparations courses. Also, going shopping for bridesmaid dresses!Smiley smile

January 2017 - Wedding Journal - 1

January 2017 - Wedding Journal - 2
  • Chelsea
    Master August 2017 Ontario
    Chelsea ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I think this is a neat idea. For my FH and I, as we are doing our marriage classes with the head pastor of our church and my FH's mentor (a secondary pastor of the church), we are watching these videos and have to fill these books out and what not but we actually talk about most of this out loud and my FH will write some notes down in the "journal" section of our books. We then go through this with the pastors and we kind of let them know where we are with things ect.

• Natasha
    VIP August 2017 Ontario
    Natasha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I have actually started something like this ... except I am only writing one letter a month to my FH leading up to our wedding day .... I write my letter the last week of the month so I can encompass all that has happened in that month and all we have accomplished together towards our special day ...I am so looking forward to giving it to him on our wedding day ! my first letter was alot of fun to write and I cannot wait to continue on !

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics