Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

T
Curious September 2023 Ontario

Jamaica or Costa Rica

Tiffany, on September 30, 2022 at 11:20 Posted in Honeymoon 0 7

My FH and I are currently trying to decide on honeymoon spots. We have it narrowed to Jamaica and Costa Rica. We do have an agent we are working with and if I am totally honest Im leaning towards Jamaica. I feel like i dont know how to make the right decision on resorts we are planning on doing an all inclusive. For those who have been or those going....Is it worth it to spend the extra and go to a Sandals? or does anyone have recommendations?

Signed stressed and overwhelmed!

7 Comments

Latest activity by Carine, on October 4, 2022 at 11:49
  • C
    VIP September 2023 Ontario
    Carine ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

If you have CAA you can use their travel agents, if you go on Expedia look at the ratings. Never go less than 3 stars. Also adults only resorts is the best option during a honeymoon.

You can't compare Jamaica and Costa Rica they are both different so it all depends on your experience.

I would compare travel agents. Sometimes Sandal turns our more expensive. Air Canada also does all inclusive, but you just can't trust them. Do your homework and look at the star ratings.

• Kate
    Featured August 2022 Ontario
    Kate ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I think it definitely depends on what you are into... I have not been to either and I feel like you really can't go wrong with either one : ) but my husband and I are more into adventure, exploring, waterfalls and hiking so CR would probably be our choice however anyone I have spoken to who has gone to Jamaica has said it is amazing and has some of the best food!!

• Brittany
    Featured August 2023 Alberta
    Brittany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

We are not doing Sandals. We are also going to Mexico in October and we chose to go to a regular all inclusive resort instead of a Sandals resort.

I find the only huge difference is that Sandals does not allow kids what so ever. Other than that, you are using the same beaches as every other resort in the area.

With Sandals though you may be able to get some activities for free, which is why it is so expensive but booking and paying in a regular resort to do those same activities would still cost less. ALSO Sandals is not the only resort that are child-free. They have tons of them in both Costa Rice and Jamaica. So you can do that without paying the price tag of Sandals.

• T
    Tiffany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    If you don’t mind me asking….did you do a sandals resort or some here else?
  • Brittany
    Featured August 2023 Alberta
    Brittany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

My FH and I had the same dilemma but we ultimately ended up going with Montego Bay, Jamaica. We are both foodies, love our fun drinks and we absolutely love the water and the beach. Excursions I wouldn't worry too much about from either place because they both offer a ton.

• T
    Tiffany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

We definitely want an all inclusive because my FH loves to eat. He is a foodie. We do want the ability to do some excursions/fun stuff if this makes sense.

• KELLY
    Super October 2023 Ontario
    KELLY ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

It can be hard to decide on a honeymoon destination! I would discuss what you both are looking for in a honeymoon and see what each option offers. IMO if you're looking for an all inclusive beach vacay go with Jamaica but if you want to do tours or be in the rainforest go with Costa Rica....

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics