Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Hank
Featured September 2021 Ontario

Items on Your Wedding Menu That Excite You

Hank, on February 8, 2021 at 16:33 Posted in Wedding reception 0 31

I'm sure one of the main factors that went into the decision of your choice of venue (other than how it looks) is the food options available. Or if you're using an outside caterer, there must be something on their menu that you're drooling over at the thought of.

For us, a beef short rib in burgundy sauce with Parmesan risotto and curried cauliflower sounds so good. Steaks at wedding halls are always off (they're always overcooked or super lean) so it's nice to have a place offer a cut of beef that won't suck if well done.

One of our first course options that we can potentially choose is a hiyashi salad made with sesame yam noodles with seaweed, octopus, surf clam, kiwi mussels, shrimp, and cuttlefish. Sounds so much better than caesar salad lol.

Items on Your Wedding Menu That Excite You 1

*not actual photo of food from our venue

31 Comments

Latest activity by Savannah, on February 13, 2021 at 16:03
  • Savannah
    Frequent user April 2020 Ontario
    Savannah ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Our was definitely the variety of choices offered by our venue, especially the chicken supreme with spinach and asiago cream and the petite beef tenders with cognac mushroom demi (I’m not a huge beef fan but I looooved these when we tried them at our tasting) which stood out to us and ended up being our first & second meats. We also have a late night buffet (given they are permitted for our postponed date🤞🏼) with pizza and sliders and fries which stood out to us since other all inclusive venues we looked at didn’t offer this. Definitely looking forward to all the food options we have, don’t think any of our guests will be going hungry that night!
  • Amanda
    Featured August 2022 British Columbia
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

It's meant for a buffet but if things don't go as planned, we are able to have our guests choose one of those as a meat choice

• Hank
    Hank ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I know what you mean. A giant table piled up with food is a sight to be seen compared to a single plate lol

• Rayanne
    Master June 2022 Ontario
    Rayanne ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    We will most likely do that but I'm just not as excited about it 😅
  • Geneviève
    VIP September 2020 Ontario
    Geneviève ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I got the salmon and my wife got the beef and we shared 😋 it was fantastic!
  • Hank
    Hank ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Sweet! I would definitely consider that.

• Hank
    Hank ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Fair enough. Yeah, our menu decisions and tasting has been on hold due to lock down in our province and the uncertainty with what rules are.

• Hank
    Hank ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Nice! We're heavily considering a fish option ourselves with arctic char in chardonnay dill butter sauce being our likely option. And I agree, food is one of the most memorable aspects of a wedding and considering the markups at weddings, definitely want the experience to give us the bang for our buck.

• Stefanie
    Devoted August 2021 Saskatchewan
    Stefanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    That is our main!! As of right now we aren't planning a midnight lunch as we plan to have a open candy/chip/cookie bar. But we may end up doing something else as well we are waiting closer to when we know what restrictions are to make that decision.
  • Rayanne
    Master June 2022 Ontario
    Rayanne ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    They do have that as option bonus with that is its about $10/pp cheaper 😆
  • Hank
    Hank ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

We're still waiting for our tasting. Covid and postponements have pushed it back further and further. *sigh*

• Hank
    Hank ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Ooh, very rustic! Smiley smile Are your friends going all out with the sides? Four different kinds of stuffing, candied yams, macaroni and cheese, mash potatoes, and little tiny onions swimming in a sea of cream sauce...

• Hank
    Hank ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

New York style pepperoni? And I assume there would be lots of garlic dip! Smiley laugh

• Hank
    Hank ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

That does sound good. Are the meats a choice you're giving guests or is this meant to be a buffet?

• Hank
    Hank ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Our venue gave is the option of individualized plates of antipasto. So it'll be served almost like a glorified salad. While not as awesome and gluttonous as a buffet, it's still an option for people who loves cured meats, cold cuts, cheese and pickles. Maybe ask if that's available for you?

• Hank
    Hank ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Right on! Is that for your main entree or a late night station? I ask because sliders and a poutine/fry bar are very common as late night food at weddings I've attended.

• Liberty
    Featured May 2022 Alberta
    Liberty ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    It is! They even have a full kitchen we can use! Our venue worked out soo well for what we wanted to do!
  • Hank
    Hank ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Oooh, which did you end up choosing for the actual day itself?

• Hank
    Hank ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I'm so sorry to hear that, Kelsie. I know you've been waiting for so long.

Is it possible to at least enjoy a dinner at the venue with just immediate family and the bridal party?

• Hank
    Hank ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

That's cool that your venue allows you to bring in outside food.

• Alexis
    Devoted July 2021 Ontario
    Alexis ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I’m really excited about the mashed potatoes! They have a carmelized onion sauce mixed into the potatoes and topping it too 😋😋😋
  • C
    Super December 2020 Ontario
    Carmel ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Sounds fantastic!!!! Tuna steak 🙌🙌🙌 cannot wait. Our other main dish is beef wellington and it is to die for. Agreed - and for us it was very important, when choosing all of our courses, to make sure they were items we/our guests would generally not make at home or eat often (saved for special occasions). Food is one of the top things we remember at a wedding and when we're paying that much for our guests to enjoy their experience, we want it to be special and fantastic just like our day 😊!
  • Michelle
    Curious September 2021 Ontario
    Michelle ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I'm so excited for all of our food! We recently booked our caterer and planned the menu, and got to pick up our take out tasting menu to make sure everything is exactly how we hoped. (We're both pretty low maintenance, so didn't want anything super fancy for food. Even getting to have a tasting was exciting!).

We tried salmon, polenta, chicken breast, s'mores brownies, churros, and a bunch more, but my favourite thing that we tried was a mediterranean potato salad with black olives and sun-dried tomatoes. I'm not even a potato salad person, and it doesn't sound super elegant, but I could eat an entire tray of the stuff! It was so delicious.

• Michelle
    Expert October 2021 Nova Scotia
    Michelle ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Our friends offered to cook our wedding dinner for us as our wedding gift. We're super excited about it because they both went to culinary school.
    We're doing a taco bar as a late night snack, and I'm super excited for our vegan dinner option which is going to be a lentil shepherd's pie, I'm vegetarian so this is what I'm going to be eating.

For the meat eater's we're doing turkey dinner since it will be thanksgiving weekend.

• Christiana
    Super November 2020 British Columbia
    Christiana ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I’m not really a food person so I didn’t care very much about what we served as long as there were plenty of vegetarian and vegan options. I was personally more excited for our late night snack which was going to be dominos haha!
  • Amanda
    Featured August 2022 British Columbia
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

For our dinner, we're excited for all of it!

Wild Arugula Salad - poached pears, peppercorn goat cheese, pea puree, lemon herb dressing, shaved croutons

Garden Green Salad - seasonal berries, spice nuts, cheery vinaigrette

Grilled Vegetable Antipasto Platter - selection of marinated & grilled style vegetables, olive medley, variety of tomatoes & pesto bocconcini

Rosemary & Garlic Brined Chicken Thighs - white wine and mushroom jus

Carved Char-Grilled Beef Tenderloin - seasoned with roasted garlic and herbs joined by a variety of condiments and red wine jus

Roasted Sablefish - served on a bed of ratatouille topped with a saffron nicoise aioli and toasted pine nuts

Butternut Squash Ravioli - brown butter, crisp sage, hazelnuts

Crushed Potatoes garlic scented, finished with chives, herbs and parmesan

• Rayanne
    Master June 2022 Ontario
    Rayanne ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I think I am most excited for our antipasto buffet but at the same time I doubt we will be able to have it. If buffets are not available by next Jan we will be out of luck.
  • Stefanie
    Devoted August 2021 Saskatchewan
    Stefanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    As long as things go as planned we are having a burger and poutine bar!! My fiance is not a meat and potato guy and it resembles us way better as we love having family and friends for a BBQ or deep fry night!
  • Geneviève
    VIP September 2020 Ontario
    Geneviève ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We loved every option our venue had available, to the point it was so hard to decide the menu! Covid had broken out by the time we would have had our tasting so we had to go based off what we’d eaten at their restaurant and the sound of everything. The sound of pear arugula salad, beef tenderloin with minced creminis, peppercorn salmon, and butternut risotto all served with seasonal veggies kept us excited for weeks.
  • Kelsie
    Master July 2021 Ontario
    Kelsie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We have a bunch of choices for people during dinner, I think I’m most excited for our night table - mini burgers, grilled cheese, little desserts and fruit, cupcakes, pizzas.

Although, in my heart, I think we’ll be cancelling our wedding. I don’t think the restrictions will be gone by September. It’s nice to dream though!!
  • Liberty
    Featured May 2022 Alberta
    Liberty ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    For our food we are having some of family members make their specialty dishes so I'm excited for all of it!!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics