Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Jenn
Frequent user March 2019 Ontario

iso Sign ideas!!

Jenn, on August 27, 2018 at 18:48 Posted in Wedding reception 0 9

What are thoughts on reception signage (i.e., guest book, cards & gifts, photobooth)?

I haven't really found a place that does framed signs for these things? Is this a DIY situation? I'm not crafty lol....help!!

9 Comments

Latest activity by Jenn, on August 28, 2018 at 19:27
  • Jenn
    Jenn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Thanks Everyone!! Sounds like I may attempt a DIY!!

• Jenn
    Jenn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

These look great!! Smiley smile

• Leanne
    Expert September 2018 Ontario
    Leanne ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Printing signs with nice font and putting them in a picture frame is a great alternative. Or if you have a friend with good calligraphy you could hire them to write out the signs for you.

• Clarissa
    Expert October 2018 Saskatchewan
    Clarissa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I have a ton of picture frames (5x7) already and so I will just print off or hand write signs on paper and put them in the frames. Its inexpensive and the frames don't need to match.

If you do want them all matching you can buy cheap bulk frames and just pick up a can of appropriate spray paint (the right crafting one) and paint them all the same in a matter of minutes.
  • E
    Expert December 2018 Ontario
    Emma ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    So I discovered when decorating my daughters room that Benjamin’s Moore has chalkboard paint that you can get tinted in pretty much any colour you want.

For our signs I’m getting Masonite board from the art supply store. It comes in various sizes and is cheap. We will prime it and then paint them with chalkboard paint that is tinted to match my daughter’s (she’s my MOH) dress (a dark purple). We have a chalkboard marker that we will use to write whatever we want on the sign. The chalkboard markers are more permanent then just chalk and easy to write with. If we mess up it can be wiped off. And to make it permanent you just spray it with hairspray and it seals it in.

I’ll then be getting mini easels of Amazon to set the signs on.
  • B
    Frequent user September 2018 Ontario
    Brittany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We are doing wood signs! We made one of them and ordered the rest.

iso Sign ideas!! 1

iso Sign ideas!! 2

iso Sign ideas!! 3
  • Alexandra
    VIP November 2019 British Columbia
    Alexandra ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Etsy! They have bundles you can download them get printed at staples!
  • Angel
    Frequent user June 2019 British Columbia
    Angel ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Photobooths - you can probably find good ideas on Groupon...take a look there first.

Guest books/cards/gifts - try Etsy or even Amazon. There are many options and ones that you can customize as well.

You can purchase the frames from places like Michaels or even Ikea if you are on a tight budget. Some printing companies also provide framing services as well!

• Holly
    VIP June 2019 Ontario
    Holly ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    If you want to attempt a DIY then an easy way to do it is buy the frame you want. Paint the inside backing of it to the colour of your choice or discard the back and just use the glass, then you can go on Etsy and find a local or not local selling that makes custom wall decals. They almost always come ready to just stick and paste on whatever surface. It's pretty easy to do!

Another DIY option is to buy the frame and design and print your sign at Staples. You can also find a seller on Etsy that does custom printable signs and then once you purchase it from them they send you the PDF of your custom design and you can take it to Staples or another local print shop and have it printed however you want.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics