Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Victoria
Newbie October 2019 Ontario

Is this enough food?

Victoria, on February 2, 2019 at 09:06 Posted in Wedding reception 0 3
We are catering half of our wedding ourselves. Doing the little snacks and nibbly bits ourselves. I was just wondering if this was enough food. We want to have pizza and pie at our wedding so I am trying to add other food elements so people aren't hungry. This is for 100 people (including bride groom and kids) from 6pm to 1am

Cocktail hour (and probably into reception)
-Fruit platter
-Veggie platter
-Charcuterie board

Reception
-Salad bar with caesar salad, pasta salad and summer salad or a build your own.
-a selection of bread and butter
-Stirfry station (with a chef to build your own rice or noodle stir fry) 1 each
-selection of pizza. Thinking of getting 5 kinds of pies and like 5 pies of each kinit works 200 slices? So 2 slices?

Dessert
- Dessert bar with assorted pies. Mini and full pies.

Should I have a midnight snack? Should I add a fajita station during the reception?

Thanks in advance!

3 Comments

Latest activity by Bianca, on February 5, 2019 at 15:44
  • Bianca
    Master August 2019 Ontario
    Bianca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

That sounds like a lot of food! I think a midnight snack would definitely be good especially if your guests will be drinking.

• Tori
    Top October 2019 Manitoba
    Tori ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Sounds good to me! I think the late snack is only necessary if you plan on drinking - if there will be booze, then a late night snack is always much appreciated!!

• Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Food selection sounds good enough if your having a small reception.

There are a few changes if its suggested.

Cocktails:

canapes variety

cheese/crackers

charcuterie platter/board

Reception:

May want to think about adding chicken wings/mozzarella sticks and/or finger sandwiches. Your guests will be drinking and needing meat.

Dessert:

Add the fruit platter and veggie platter to offer healthy options to the dessert bar.

When our reception took place, selections for the cocktails, dinner and late night buffet were considered due to the alcohol consumption and serving times. I make these suggestions/changes due to how I would think about coming as a guest and see varieties upon arriving.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics