Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Sarah
Expert August 2021 British Columbia

Is there a company that specializes in cleaning up during an event?

Sarah, on March 18, 2019 at 19:55 Posted in Wedding reception 0 11
A friend has suggested that I look into hiring someone to take down the chairs and gazebo decor after the ceremony and then have them come to the reception and clear dishes and garbage discreetly.Is this even a thing?I honestly thought I would talk some friends in to dismantling the ceremony decor for some free drinks at our cash bar lol..Can’t I just stick Rubbermaid bins under the plate table with a cute little note requesting people put their dirty dishes in the bins when done?If this is such a thing how much does it usually cost?Everything will be set up already so it’s really only ceremony take down and clean up.

11 Comments

Latest activity by Barbarra, on May 25, 2022 at 06:11
  • Sarah
    Sarah ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    We are completely on our own for set up,take down,food and entertainment.The venue does supply tables and chairs and an amazing deal of $1700 and some change for 3 days rental which includes a full size kitchen so I’m not going to complain too much lol.My one friend just wants me to relax and not have dirty plates in all of our photos lol 😝
  • Erin
    Super May 2022 Ontario
    Erin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I would double check what type of service your venue offers. I know I'm responsible for anything I bring in ie chair covers. I can rent them from my venue for $3.50 each plus a $25 delivery fee or I can rent them from a separate company for$2.50 but i have to set them up and take them off. However, my venue will set up the chairs for the ceremony and then set up for the reception.
  • Allison
    Master October 2019 Ontario
    Allison ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I would look at hiring a clean-up crew so you don't have to worry about getting some friends/family to do it.

Also check with your venue/caterer to see if they provide this service.

• Valérie
    VIP September 2019 Quebec
    Valérie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Immediate family asked me about that a couple of weeks ago. I combed through my venue's contact and found that they'd be cleaning up after the reception and would leave the decorations for us to pick up the next morning.

If your venue doesn't offer that option, you could ask them if they know of companies to do that sort of stuff for you!

• Sarah
    Sarah ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I will look into it for sure thanks!
  • Sarah
    Sarah ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thanks I will look into my options for hiring someone and if I can find someone in my budget I will hire them 🙂
  • Sarah
    Sarah ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    It’s a step or two above a family birthday party lol 😂 it’s in a hall and it will be family,friends and coworkers.Buffet style help yourself food type of thing which is why I thought the bins would work but my friend doesn’t think so.
  • Tori
    Top October 2019 Manitoba
    Tori ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Personally I don't see anything wrong with the idea of rubbermaid bins! It all depends on the type of wedding you are having of course. If you were having a wedding that was like a ballroom or something then don't do it!! But if it's a more laid back casual wedding then I don't see why pay for more help than needed.

• Bianca
    Master August 2019 Ontario
    Bianca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I think it's definitely a good idea to hire a clean-up crew! It would look nicer than your friends cleaning up, and be a better, stress-free option than the Rubbermaid bin option lol.

• Alexandra
    VIP November 2019 British Columbia
    Alexandra ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    You can hire take down crews! I would personally avoid the route of the Rubbermaid bins, I think it’s tacky- but that’s just my opinion. I’m not sure how much they cost as I haven’t personally had to hire one since my venue will do it, but I’m pretty sure my fiancé’s brother had one and it makes a difference! If you can afford it- do it.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics