Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Jenny
Frequent user September 2022 Ontario

Is it possible to have a honeymoon for $2000 or less?

Jenny, on September 27, 2022 at 20:11 Posted in Honeymoon 0 5
My fiancé wants to go somewhere beachy (we’d be going maybe in January or April). I’d like to spend $2000 max on everything. Has anyone paid around this amount for an international tropical vacay? Can’t believe I’m married now 🥰

5 Comments

Latest activity by Carine, on October 4, 2022 at 13:36
  • C
    VIP September 2023 Ontario
    Carine ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I went to Cuba for 2 weeks for that price, all inclusive adults only, with CAA.

• Jenelle
    Curious July 2023 Alberta
    Jenelle ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Totally! I think if you are willing to put in a little work, it is absolutely doable to get a beach honeymoon (inclusive resort or otherwise) for in/around the $2000 mark. Julie makes a great point about if you’re willing to look at leaving midweek, you can often find cheaper deals as these are less “desirable” airline seats/travel packages. With that, also looking for packages towards the start/end of high season (think October/March for tropical destinations) you can often get packages for much cheaper than if you were trying to book something for Christmas holidays for instance. If you don’t have to be looking to book something right away, you can also sometimes get really killer deals as part of Boxing Day/week/Cyber Monday sales. Another option if you want to take on a little bit more of the planning responsibility then you can look at Airbnb type accommodations and see if there are any economical choices. Usually just by staying in a house and eating local, you can save quite a bit on what you would spend otherwise on food/alcohol costs that would come lumped in with the cost of an all-inclusive. Finally, it may be a bit more of a gamble, but if you and your future spouse have some flexibility in your scheduling and up for an adventure, lots of the time there are amazing deals for last minute packages if you’re okay with booking within the week before you want to leave (just pick a time frame you have off and see what’s available during that time and just go)! Best of luck to you with the honeymoon planning!!
  • Hank
    Featured September 2021 Ontario
    Hank ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

There are definitely packages for under $2000 per couple in January if you look in Expedia. Not sure about all-inclusives and resorts but lots of flights and stays to places like Florida, Houston Texas, and California where you can get the beach experience along with the city for your budget.

• Julie
    Featured May 2023 Ontario
    Julie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    You should be able to find some decent deals to Mexico or Cuba for under $2000. Just make sure to Search on a Tuesday. That is the cheapest day to look.
  • Liberty
    Featured May 2022 Alberta
    Liberty ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Back in 2014 I went to Cuba all inclusive for $660 and I think I brought $300 in spending money. But I'm not sure if deals like that exist anymore :/

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics