Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

S
Frequent user October 2019 Ontario

Is it normal to cry a lot after getting engaged?

Sarah, on June 23, 2018 at 11:44 Posted in WeddingWire 0 13
So my fiancé proposed two months ago and since then I have been having moments of just random cry-fests. I just start crying over nothing.
Has anyone else been having the same issue?

A colleague told me that it’s probably because I haven’t started the wedding process yet and that I need to so that I’m happier....

I tried on a couple wedding gowns the other day and that definitely did NOT help! Lol. I felt like a linebacker wearing a curtain.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

13 Comments

Latest activity by Tori, on June 25, 2018 at 15:10
  • Tori
    Top October 2019 Manitoba
    Tori ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

For me it was a mix of being overwhelmed and needing to change my birth control that I was on. I had been a little off a month or two prior to getting engaged but it got even worse after from all the planning that I felt pressure to get done. I still feel overwhelmed but not enough to cry every week (maybe once ever 3 weeks now). Perhaps try making a list of what needs to get done and by when?

• Marcia
    Super August 2018 Manitoba
    Marcia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I cried a lot too, I felt a lot of anxiety, pressure and stress, but it went away once I began focusing on all the positives things that are happening and made sure I worked out, and ate healthy to feel better. My advice would be to spend some time just relaxing your mind, maybe do some yoga, enjoy time with your fiance, go for nature walks, paint, or do hobbies you like to keep you busy and make you happy Smiley smile. Wedding planning can and will get stressful so finding good coping mechanisms will be helpful. Also every day you won't feel super happy and thats okay!

• Erin
    Master September 2017 Ontario
    Erin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I cried a lot in the first few days but after I didn't really cry much and I am one to tear up at almost anything usually.

I think if you are feeling a lot of mixed emotions then it may be normal to tear up a lot but if it is just out of nowhere and for no reason then maybe you should look into other causes.

• Lor
    Frequent user August 2018 Ontario
    Lor ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I cried a lot because of stress and feeling a lack of support because i was doing all the work. Since i got past that hump in planning, im much better now

• B
    Devoted September 2019 Ontario
    Bianca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    As long as they’re happy tears.
  • Clarissa
    Expert October 2018 Saskatchewan
    Clarissa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Probably a mix of anxiety, excitement, overwhelmed. And it’s ok if it is. I mentioned how things were making me teary and over emotional to a friend who go married 1.5 yrs ago and she said it happened to her too.

Its ok ok to go these emotions. Find something that helps with them. If it’s just random and not sad/scared/worried then I’ve realized you just have to roll with it. If it those find someone you can talk about it with because it probably has nothing to do with the things that are making you cry.
  • S
    Sarah ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    They’re mostly happy tears and an occasional sad one.
    I watched a wedding show and bawled my eyes out over how much I love him and he said the same thing about if I ever get pregnant he will need to buy stocks at Kleenex.
  • S
    Sarah ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I’m wondering if its bridal anxiety! Good things bad things just about anything can make me cry right now
  • S
    Sarah ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I’m not usually the crying type but it just seems like anything can spark the tears! As long as I’m not losing my mind and others are feeling the same that’s a relief.
  • Lucy
    Frequent user July 2019 Ontario
    Lucy ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Oh yeah, I've been tearing up at a lot of things since I started planning. It doesn't even have to be wedding stuff that gets me going!

• Clarissa
    Expert October 2018 Saskatchewan
    Clarissa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I am never one to cry or show much for emotions.. until I got engaged. Now the dumbest things get me tears (especially random songs on the radio).
  • Stephanie
    VIP May 2019 Ontario
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Asking like Courtney, happy or sad tears?
    I cry a lot at random moments but mostly in excitement and imaging our day and how much I love my fiance too!
  • Courtney
    Super July 2018 Ontario
    Courtney ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Are you crying because you're happy? or because you're sad?

I often cry because sometimes I just feel like I love him so much. We are very worried for when I get pregnant one day with how much my mood swings already.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics