Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Hank
Featured September 2021 Ontario

Is Anyone Still Attending Weddings This Year?

Hank, on July 17, 2020 at 09:00 Posted in Before the wedding 0 20
For those who are invited to weddings that are slated for the remainder of 2020, will you be attending if they are moving forward with the party?

20 Comments

Latest activity by Jess, on July 28, 2020 at 14:20
  • J
    Frequent user October 2020 Ontario
    Jess ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

They went with their original plan, which was under a tent. They had to downsize their guest list of course, but people did typical wedding activities.

• Hank
    Hank ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Awesome! Was it in a professional venue's outdoor space, a private property like a cottage, under a tent? Did people do all the typical wedding activities like dancing etc?

• J
    Jess ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

The wedding was great! There was just under 100 people there.

• J
    Jess ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Will do! We are super excitedSmiley smile

• Hank
    Hank ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Hope it's fun (and safe!) Let us know how it goes afterward Smiley smile

• J
    Jess ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Ceremony and reception both Smiley smile
  • Hank
    Hank ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Is it ceremony only or will there be a reception?

• Hank
    Hank ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

You may feel different after having to take on a ton of compromises to go through with it.

• J
    Jess ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Yes! I am going to my best friend's wedding this Friday!

• Michelle
    Expert October 2021 Nova Scotia
    Michelle ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

My FH's cousin is getting married in a month, they decided against postponing and instead are having a socially distant ceremony.

To be honest the thought of attending a wedding right now after postponing our own makes me kind of jealous. I know we made the right decision but I can't help but wish we were able to have our wedding this year

• Amelia
    Master October 2020 New Brunswick
    Amelia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I didn't have any invites for this year. I have a friend who was uninvited to the reception but is still attending the ceremony next weekend.
  • Geneviève
    VIP September 2020 Ontario
    Geneviève ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Our best friends were supposed to get married the weekend before us and they decided to postpone too. We’ll probably watch each other’s elopement videos which will be nice.
  • A-W
    Frequent user May 2021 Ontario
    A-W ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    That sucks that they aren't going to hold their wedding in a safe way. Anyone that's going to have a wedding still this year should try to take precautions to protect everyone's health. I would bow out too if health guidelines weren't going to be followed
  • Hank
    Hank ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I watched a virtual wedding two weeks ago but the couple did it in a church. Even though at that point ceremonies were allowed to have 30% capacity, they opted to only have their two witnesses there with a photographer and officiant for the sake of health and safety.

• Hank
    Hank ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Yeah, it's tough. Someone I know was part of the wedding party for a backyard wedding so was obligated to go until it became very apparent that the manner in which the wedding is held will not be in everyone's health interests. Ended up bowing out last minute.

• Christiana
    Super November 2020 British Columbia
    Christiana ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We had three weddings that we were supposed to attend this summer in BC and Alberta. They've all been postponed in some manner or another until next year.

If any of my friends were planning on going ahead with their weddings as planned, I would have declined as I personally think it would have been extremely irresponsible to attend a large gathering for non-essential reasons. That being said, they were all planning on having anywhere from 80 to 300+ guests.

If they had gone ahead but cut down the size significantly I may have considered attending, assuming I would even make that cut!

Our wedding is in November and we're most likely postponing the reception with immediate family only at the ceremony. However if we went ahead with a reception I would fully expect (and understand) that many people would decline.

• Vanessa
    Devoted December 2021 Ontario
    Vanessa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

The only wedding we had planned this year was my FH friend in New York (July 19); he was going to be in the wedding as well. Needless to say, they had to cancel their wedding but they are doing a backyard ceremony next Saturday and we will be attending via Zoom. They are postponing their reception to next summer.

• K
    Devoted August 2021 Nova Scotia
    Kl ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I’m attending one in early August! Frankly I am SO excited to be gathering with others for a celebration. I’m really not too concerned about Covid—there’s currently 1 active case here in N.S., and the wedding is outdoors on a large rural property which obviously lowers the risk of transmission dramatically. The couple also made it clear that they would be very understanding if anybody chose not to attend out of concern for their own health.

Basically I’m super pumped for a wedding fix. And honestly I’d be comfortable attending an indoor wedding this season as well, given our local epidemiology.
  • Amanda
    Expert July 2022 Ontario
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I would attend if I had a wedding this year, and I would make sure I took all my percatuions to be safe. Fortuntley, the weddings planned for this year have all been postponed. Smiley ring
    I would be there no matter what though, I understand first hand how hard it is, so I would support anyone who went ahead with their decision.

• A-W
    Frequent user May 2021 Ontario
    A-W ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I am going to be part of a wedding party in October. I'm a little nervous about it. But she is one of my best friends so I'll be going if she decides to go ahead.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics