Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Jenny
Frequent user September 2022 Ontario

Is anyone else dieting before the wedding?

Jenny, on October 8, 2021 at 21:24 Posted in Before the wedding 0 11
So I’m a mom to two and gained a lot of baby weight I never lost (oldest is three, youngest turned one in June). I’ve been dieting/losing weight since May and we finally picked a date in July. I’ve gone down 25lbs since May (then back up 14 and down 7lbs just this month alone, so it’s really like I’ve only lost 20lbs lol). Anyone else dieting before the wedding?

11 Comments

Latest activity by Daily, on October 18, 2021 at 14:23
  • Daily
    Expert August 2022 Ontario
    Daily ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    It’s ok beautiful mama. Your body went through a lot after having babies. And your youngest just turned one. Give it some time. My wedding is in august 2022. I haven’t start dieting yet. As long as you feel good and beautiful that’s matter. Maybe less carb a few months before. I plan on doing some sit ups at home or more walking a few month prior to my wedding. Good luck
  • Jamie
    Frequent user June 2022 British Columbia
    Jamie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I haven't started clean eating and exercising as my wedding is in June 2022, so a ways yet...

But will start probably 2 months before. No crash dieting, just no junk food/processed food.

• Jenny
    Jenny ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    You clearly have a misunderstanding of what intermittent fasting is 🤷‍♀️
  • Stacey Tc
    Devoted August 2022 Saskatchewan
    Stacey Tc ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

The weight fluctuations probably have to do with the intermittent fasting. If you aren't getting to amount of calories you need in a day your body goes into starvation and then once it gets food it stores more than it needs to prepare for the next starvation period.

• Jenny
    Jenny ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I’m still eating everything I used to as well, just smaller portions and limiting sugar and junk food. My grandma was horrified the last time she saw me eating chips lol 😂 I’m doing intermittent fasting so I don’t eat before 1:30pm and stop eating around 9:30.
  • Stacey Tc
    Stacey Tc ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

To me dieting is juice cleanses, cutting out carbs/sugars, and counting calories, extreme food changes.
    I'm still eating everything I normally do... breads, cheese, chips, ice cream, I'm still eating when I'm hungry instead of waiting till my next meal, and I enjoy the things I'm craving instead of gorging on a "cheat day".

• Jenny
    Jenny ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I consider that dieting lol
  • Stacey Tc
    Stacey Tc ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Nope. Dieting doesn't work.

Just adjusting my portions, drinking more water and walking more.

• Liberty
    Featured May 2022 Alberta
    Liberty ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I'm trying to diet before the wedding. Its not going so well right now. There have been a lot of changes in our lives recently so I need to get a new routine down but that's okay cause I still have 7 months until the wedding!
  • Rayanne
    Master June 2022 Ontario
    Rayanne ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I'm not dieting. I'm trying to drink more water and I'm walking for an hour (sometimes more) after I drop kids off at school. This week I'm going to add wrist weights while I'm walking. I'm not going to kill myself working out but I will do my best to make good choices so I'll feel better. Nothing wrong with a little motivation (like a wedding) to help yourself be a little more healthy.
  • Hank
    Featured September 2021 Ontario
    Hank ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

My wife did. She just exercised more than usual and cut out certain foods a few months prior to the wedding. Even small steps made a huge difference.

I didn't purposely diet but I did end up shrinking in the months leading up to the wedding. I still ate well but it was a lot more home cooking and less outside due to not being at the office all week and less socializing due to lockdowns. I still weighed the same but the new routine my metabolism shot up and I bloated a lot less.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics