Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Gloria
Expert October 2022 Ontario

Invites

Gloria, on April 8, 2020 at 14:02 Posted in Before the wedding 0 8
So... our invites are ready... And while this should be an exciting time, I have only sent the invites to close family for now πŸ˜“πŸ˜“πŸ˜“ anyone else? How would you respond if you got an invite for an aug wedding?

8 Comments

Latest activity by Rayanne, on April 10, 2020 at 10:53
  • Rayanne
    Master June 2022 Ontario
    Rayanne Β·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I would respond yes if it was my weekend off. Obviously I would know it is all dependent on where the world is at the time. I wish you the best of luck.
  • Ashley
    VIP August 2020 Ontario
    Ashley Β·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Im aug 8 and i just picked mine up 2 days ago and were finishing addresses and were gonna mail them next week. of course we will update them all closer to the date if anything should change. if i were a guest i would still rsvp yes and then the month before double check with the bride and groom

• Tori
    Top October 2019 Manitoba
    Tori Β·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I would still RSVP to a wedding as a yes - and if closer to the date the restrictions are still in place, I personally would contact the bride and groom (if they didn't reach out first) and let them know that it would be too risky and we won't be able to attend any more.

• A
    Frequent user August 2020 Ontario
    Anna Β·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We are sending all our invites for August 8th out next week. We included a card that states we continue to monitor the situation, please RSVP as if things will have resolved by then, and we will advise in early June if we decide to postpone.

• Kelsie
    Master July 2021 Ontario
    Kelsie Β·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We’re getting a lot of RSVPs back for our July wedding already that usually includes a note about COVID and hoping it’s over.

I think if people reply yes I think it’s always a β€œas long as COVID is gone or manageable”.
    It’s the unknown right now and no one knows unfortunately what will happen Smiley sad
  • Sasha
    Frequent user June 2020 Ontario
    Sasha Β·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

If you are getting married in August. I would send them out June at the latest - so you still have time girl Smiley smile

• Gloria
    Expert October 2022 Ontario
    Gloria Β·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I agree... I assume each yes would be β€œso long as possible”. But I’m not sending them all out πŸ˜“πŸ˜“πŸ˜“I am waiting till May... or June latest we’ll see
  • Amelia
    Master October 2020 New Brunswick
    Amelia Β·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I'm sorry this isn't as happy and exciting as you hoped. You're not alone there at all!

If I received one right now I would probably reach out to the bride and let them know that, government permitting, I'll be there. I feel like every "yes" response would have fine print about only attending if gatherings are allowed etc. etc.

I would also hold off on sending them a little longer if you can. If you can wait until late May or June with a short RSVP window I would. This way, heaven forbid, if things still aren't normal by then you don't need to reach out to everyone to update them and if the restrictions are saying only X number of people can gather you can invite a smaller group and not need to un-invite people. It'll will be a bit more work to send them later and chase people for RSVPs, but less work than potentially needing to chase your whole guest list if things change.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics