Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

S
Frequent user October 2019 Ontario

Invitations and feeling overwhelmed!

Sarah, on August 26, 2019 at 01:08 Posted in Before the wedding 0 6
But of a rant...

So we are less than 2 months from the wedding day. Today we sent out the invitations. I had a meltdown for an hour last night trying to avoid hand writing the invitations. My family all said I have beautiful writing but as soon as I would try to write it was crooked and wonky!
Decided to use my Cricut to write them and it worked out....took about 4.5 hours but they are now in the mail.
I know we have so much done already. Almost everything is paid for except the final payment for photo/video and the venue.
The new school year starts in less than two weeks. Knowing the class I have this year and the incredibly demanding parents is what is really making me nervous. I’ve already received 12 emails from one parent this summer... I might lose my mind lol.
Wish me luck!

6 Comments

Latest activity by Katelyn, on August 27, 2019 at 19:40
  • Katelyn
    Super October 2019 Ontario
    Katelyn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    When doing thank you's I would save yourself time and just get labels from walmart and print off address labels instead of handwriting. It will save your poor hands! I started handwriting my invitations and caved and did labels and literally no one cared.
  • Ashley
    VIP August 2020 Ontario
    Ashley ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Good luck!! youll be great dont worry!! most of your stuff is already done! make a list and take one task at a time dont get over whelmed!

• Allison
    Master October 2019 Ontario
    Allison ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Hi date twin!! Smiley winking

Getting the invitations out must of felt good - I wish I had used Cricut for mine too lol!

I'm out of school, and I feel like I'd be so stressed! My MOH is in her final year (took a year off and started a new program) but her reading week is the week of my wedding, so that's really helpful!

• Tori
    Top October 2019 Manitoba
    Tori ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

YAY!! Another thing to cross off of your list! I should receive all of my RSVP's by end of next week so I totally get ya!

• Casey
    Master October 2019 Ontario
    Casey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    You can do it! It is an amazing feeling to get the invites out.
    I cannot believe some parents even before school starts! Just remember to take some time for yourself and your FH once school starts to relax!
  • Hélène
    Devoted September 2019 Alberta
    Hélène ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I couldn't even imagine getting married at the beginning of a school year! I purposely scheduled my first wedding for July 31st so I'd have time to recover and then cram in all the last-minute things. And seriously - 12 emails over summer??? Who does that?!?

Congratulations on getting the invites out! Ingenious to use the Cricut! Wish I had one...mine looked pretty bad by the end!

All the best with the start of the school year and the remainder of the wedding planning!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics