Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

T
Curious September 2023 Ontario

Invitations

Tiffany, on October 3, 2022 at 11:52 Posted in DIY 0 28
Honest opinions needed. I made our invitations and now I’m second guessing them. We are only having a small wedding. And I know most people do not keep them so I thought it wasn’t something I need to make as a huge expense. Picture posted below. Any advice would be great. Thanks in advance Invitations 1
Invitations 2

28 Comments

Latest activity by Sira, on January 4, 2023 at 18:09
  • Sira
    Curious April 2024 Ontario
    Sira ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    What everyone else said they look wonderful!
    I love the black and red. So bold but sexy with the lace front.
    If you're looking for ideas to close the front??Hit your nearest Dollarama or Dollar Tree craft section! They have these lovely flower stickers in all colours that might be perfect and wouldn't cost you much at all!Or you can even buy a wax seal stamp if you wanted something more vintage.
    But personally I love them as is!I have been working on my own save the date cards and now you're making me consider doing my own invites!
  • Michelle
    Newbie September 2026 British Columbia
    Michelle ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Those look fantastic! I love the lace look on the front.

I think a smidge of ribbon or something around it would make for a nice finishing touch, plus help keep it sealed Smiley smile

• Dessa
    Frequent user September 2023 British Columbia
    Dessa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I think you did an amazing job!!
  • K
    Newbie September 2023 Ontario
    Khristyn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I think they look beautiful!! If you wanted to try something else, maybe try a ribbon & bow around the invitation instead? Just an idea 😊 they'll look great either way
  • Tess
    Newbie January 2023 Northwest Territories
    Tess ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I made our invitations, thank you cards, and nametags for the reception using some sparkly cardstock and the power of a word processor. The bride is the only one who's really going to worry about the invitations. And maybe your MOH. These are absolutely gorgeous and you should be proud of them!

• Rayanne
    Master June 2022 Ontario
    Rayanne ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I made my own invites using the boxes from micheals I bought 2 boxes for $10 each. My friend helped me print and I used a sparkly piece of card stock to go around it and a sticker to close. (I found the ribbon that came with it made it too thick to send through the mail without a lot of extra cost. I think your invites are beautiful.
  • Sarah
    Curious May 2023 Quebec
    Sarah ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I don't have your talent to make my own version of those beautiful invitations, but I discovered that (if you're okay with a more simple design), Vista Print is actually a pretty good way to get your invitations for cheaper.
    I'm pretty satisfied with my own designInvitations 3

• KELLY
    Super October 2023 Ontario
    KELLY ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Those look amazing-you are very talented!

• T
    Tiffany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thank you. Blushing over here.
  • Luanne
    Beginner January 2023 British Columbia
    Luanne ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

You made this?! It's beautiful!

• C
    VIP September 2023 Ontario
    Carine ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I wish I had bought my cricut sooner because I would have copied your idea, also I know a lot of brides that paid a lot for invitations like yours. Bless the cricut and all the beautiful things it can do. You will always doubt yourself, we are our own critiques. But honestly, most of your guest will think you got them professionally done, and the rest will brag about how beautiful they turned out and you may get future request.

That all being said I do need Wedding shower invites so that you for posting, I'll be able to make my own invites with my new cricut Smiley laugh

• T
    Tiffany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I appreciate all of your kind words. I really doubted myself there for a while. But I am seeing what everyone is seeing now too. I was like you I didn’t want to spend a lot of $$$ on them as I knew people were just going to eventually throw them out.
  • C
    VIP September 2023 Ontario
    Carine ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I think they look great, Small wedding or not, I made mine from vista print, got the cheapest and they match our venue and our little inside joke that we have. I did not want to spend a fortune on something that was not going to last forever.

I honestly like yours so much detail very pretty, has a personal touch because you took the time to design and make each one of them.

• T
    Tiffany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thank you. The string is so cute! I love that addition. Definitely will be trying.
  • Malyssa
    Expert October 2022 Alberta
    Malyssa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Hi Tiffany!

So I used this exact template, and I'll show you what I did if that helps.

I used a little bit of string to keep it together, one knot then used the "wax" sticker to keep it all together. it was easy enough to just slide the card right out instead of undoing the string.

Invitations 4

ps. your insert looks great, did you do foil?? if so it looks amazing!

• T
    Tiffany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thank you. Everyone’s kind words has made feel way more confident. 😊
  • T
    Tiffany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    haveahappyday-yay.gif
    Fingers crossed
  • Liberty
    Featured May 2022 Alberta
    Liberty ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    You're welcome! I'm sure your guests will love them!
  • T
    Tiffany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I never thought of this….but that does totally make sense. Thank you for your kind words.
  • Julie
    Featured May 2023 Ontario
    Julie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I think they look great! Good on you!

• Liberty
    Featured May 2022 Alberta
    Liberty ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I think you did a great job! I also DIYed my invites and I was super critical over them. I think as DIYers we noticed all the little mistakes no one else notices!
  • T
    Tiffany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thank you so very much. It’s been a long process to get this. I know by biggest fault is that I am a perfectionist. I guess I always find something wrong with everything I do. It’s my red flag
  • Hank
    Featured September 2021 Ontario
    Hank ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I see no reason why someone would judge you for these invites. They look great.

• Kate
    Featured August 2022 Ontario
    Kate ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

For sure : ) but I totally get that - just know we are our toughest critics and people who love you and care will not be so judgmental! But from an outsider...they look great and I would not be worried at all - you put lots of detail - good job!

• T
    Tiffany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thank you so much. Your words of kindness are so appreciated. I feel so much relief now. I’m always so worried about being judged by people. I guess I need to worry less and just enjoy the process
  • Kate
    Featured August 2022 Ontario
    Kate ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

You did a great job - they look very professional!

• T
    Tiffany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thank you so much. That makes me feel so good.
  • Amanda
    Featured August 2022 British Columbia
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I think it's beautiful!!
    It doesn't matter if you're only having a small wedding! Do the invite that you want !

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics