Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Katherine
Super September 2017 New Brunswick

Invitations

Katherine, on January 23, 2017 at 16:35 Posted in Before the wedding 0 4
I took an invitation to the post office today to confirm postage... Unfortunately while it's under the max weight the pearl embellishment makes it too wide for regular mail... I can leave it off which does look ok, but would like some feedback on other materials I could use for belly band... The invitation holder is handmade paper with a fabric feel.

Invitations - 1

Invitations - 2

4 Comments

Latest activity by Emilie, on January 24, 2017 at 09:07
  • Emilie
    Featured Quebec
    Emilie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Hi Katherine! Smiley heart I love your invitations! They're so pretty and unique! Smiley love Did you do the whole thing yourself?

is it the string or just the pearl that makes it too wide? If it's the string, you could try something like a wax seal or sticker. I really like Sam's sticker idea!

I also created this discussion for you: 6 types of belly bands for your invitations

Let's us know what you'll go for! Smiley smile How many invitations did you make?

• Kacy
    VIP February 2019 Quebec
    Kacy ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Great ideas, I don't have anything else to suggest!
  • Valerie
    VIP April 2017 Ontario
    Valerie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Love the lace idea!!!
  • Samtam
    VIP November 2016 British Columbia
    Samtam ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Wow that paper is BEAUITUFL! I love handmade paper. Could you get a flat ribbon and glue it together at the ends to make a band? I feel like a burlap or lace ribbon would work well. Michaels has a TON to choose from in all different sizes and I feel like you could find something that would go with it. (They also do sales on a weekly basis.)

Ribbon

Or could you get a sticker to hold the flaps together? I found these on Michaels' website.

Sticker 1

Sticker 1

Sticker 2

Sticker 2

Sticker 3

Sticker 3

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics