Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Alix
Beginner September 2018 New Brunswick

Invitations??

Alix, on January 14, 2018 at 11:39 Posted in Wedding reception 0 6
Hello!
We are planning to have a very small, private ceremony and a larger reception/ dinner/party the next day and I’m trying to figure out the best way to do my invitations. We want to invited most of our extended family and a few friends to the dinner portion of the reception and then invite lots of other friends for the party/drinks afterwards. I was going to try to do it all online but there’s so many beautiful options and I don’t want anyone to miss out on their invite. Any suggestions of a good way of splitting up the invites?

W e don’t need ceremony invites as it will just be our parents and siblings

6 Comments

Latest activity by Candace, on January 22, 2018 at 11:26
  • Candace
    VIP May 2019 Ontario
    Candace ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

You could always order invites but leave the time blank and fill it in depending on who you are sending it to. And just let those coming earlier know that not everyone is invited to the dinner portion

• Alix
    Beginner September 2018 New Brunswick
    Alix ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I think that’s how we’ll end up doing it. Invites for the people we want there early on and either word of mouth or an online invite for everyone else.
  • Erin
    Master September 2017 Ontario
    Erin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We had friends a few years ago that invited people to the reception just by word of mouth. They gave them an approximate time to show up and that was that. Maybe that's the easiest way to go?

• Taylor
    Frequent user June 2018 Ontario
    Taylor ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I used vista print and they have ideas for reception only cards.. mine has "Lets Celebrate" in nice big fancy writing and then "please join us for our wedding reception" written underneath with the date/time (8pm)

• Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I will show how i broke up the cards in 2 ways:

Wedding and Reception ( indicate the reception the next day)
    RSVPs and Accommodations
    Thank you cards
    Menu card

Invitations?? 1
  • Jessica
    Super March 2018 Ontario
    Jessica ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Hmm..I would say maybe change the times on the invites with a small saying underneath, "Please join us for a dance" or "Please join us for dinner/dance" depending on who you're sending it to. You can still do RSVPs online, as long as everyone receives the correct time on the invites.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics