Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Julie
Featured May 2023 Ontario

Invitation Envelopes - labels, tacky?

Julie, on July 28, 2022 at 13:52 Posted in Before the wedding 0 13

Trying to keep this wedding within budget as best as possible. With that said, working on the invitations and i love DIY. The inexpensive route with Staples doesn't allow for pre printed envelopes. Is it bad forum to print addresses on clear labels from Staples or pretty ones from Etsy? Before I go ahead and submit Order Smiley tongue

13 Comments

Latest activity by Julie, on August 2, 2022 at 05:01
  • Julie
    Julie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thanks Ladies. You are all right. The envelopes are just going to end up in the garbage anyway. Definitely going with labels to keep cost down. 😊👍🏼
  • P
    Curious September 2023 Alberta
    Pam ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I don’t think there’s anything wrong with labels. Like someone else already said, the envelope ends up in the garbage in the end. It’s what’s on the inside that counts😀
  • Hank
    Featured September 2021 Ontario
    Hank ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Definitely not tacky.

• A
    Super September 2022 Alberta
    Alyx ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    It will be beautiful 💕
  • Julie
    Julie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    You ladies are fabulous!!! Thank u for all the tips!!! Definitely doing labels 😊
  • C
    VIP September 2023 Ontario
    Carine ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I got clear labels from Staples for my envelops. I didn't do anything fancy since envelopes get ripped and in the trash, plus people forget what the envelope looks like it's what's inside that counts. But I'm simple like that

• A
    Alyx ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Invitation Envelopes  - labels, tacky? 1
    This is an opened sample one I had so it looks messy but I also got labels to seal it that match! ☺️

Invitation Envelopes  - labels, tacky? 2

Invitation Envelopes  - labels, tacky? 3

• A
    Alyx ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Then I did these return labels on Etsy
    Return Address Label / Wedding Address Sticker/ Invitation Return Label/ Return Mailing Sticker/ Custom Return Mailing Label /Wedding Label by LabelAndBeyond on Etsy
    https://www.etsy.com/ca/listing/867777268/return-address-label-wedding-address

Invitation Envelopes  - labels, tacky? 4

And I did guest address labels from the same lady!
    https://www.etsy.com/ca/listing/1058361980/guest-address-sticker-wedding-invitation
    Invitation Envelopes  - labels, tacky? 5

It was super easy and inexpensive! And I thought it looked really pretty!
    I had wrote out all my save the dates and it took forever and it was messy which is why I decided to go this route with my invitations!

• A
    Alyx ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    25 PCS Pearl Blush A7 Envelopes,5.35 x 7.7 inches, Perfect for 5x7 Weddings,Invitation Cards,Birthday Greeting Invite Light Pink https://a.co/d/0AChHco

I bought these on Amazon! Invitation Envelopes  - labels, tacky? 6They have a slight sparkle to them but not like tacky sparkles

• A
    Alyx ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I bought super cute ones on Etsy!! I don’t think it’s tacky at all! I think they added flare to my pearl white envelopes!
  • Malyssa
    Expert October 2022 Alberta
    Malyssa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I did similar to Amanda, but went with brand name (Avery) and they have templates on their website you can use. Its very possible the Avery templates would work with off brands too (I have bought Amazon brand stickers and used Avery template. The packaging will tell you what the comparable code is)

The envelope will likely get thrown out anyways so doesn't really matter. Save where you can!!

• Julie
    Julie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

OK good stuff!

• Amanda
    Featured August 2022 British Columbia
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I bought labels from dollarama and used them on Word. If you have word on your computer, there's a template! And printed them at home!
    Invitation Envelopes  - labels, tacky? 7

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics