Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Alysha
Beginner May 2020 Ontario

Intimate May Wedding - we still got Married!!

Alysha, on June 10, 2020 at 11:32 Posted in Just married 8 26

I know a lot of couples are struggling with what to do regarding postponing your whole wedding plan or having an intimate wedding. I wanted to share what we did and open up the floor to any questions for those debating.

After postponing our wedding to 2021 and losing our venue, we were able to still get married this past May 30th on our original date! We didn't know if our postponed date would also be postponed and really thought about what mattered to us. Love conquers all right?! We still plan to have a reception next year without a ceremony (but still have a first dance, speeches, no sit down - just passed apps/stations and lots of bevys).

We had just our parents, siblings and then the officiant and photographer. We streamed it over FB for everyone. We wanted it to feel super special still so we used our florist for the bouquet/boutonnieres/small arrangements, built our own copper pipe arbour, set the table nicely, catered in a small dinner/mixed with some family dishes, hand lettered cute menus/signs, used the top tier from my shower cake as the wedding cake, and set up a bar cart. I did my own hair/makeup, rented my dress from Fitzroy (saving my gown for next year). We also said personal vows which was SO much easier in front of less people.

It was THE best because we got to soak in all of the moments rather being so flustered, pressed for time and busy saying "hello thank you for coming", "hello thank you for coming".

We drove from Toronto to get our license in St. Thomas Ontario, as they were the only place issuing them in the middle of May.. So we threw it all together in 2 weeks! IT CAN BE DONE!!! And you can still throw a reception next year - Best of both worlds.

Photo Cred: Christina Stirpe Photography

Intimate May Wedding - we still got Married!! 1

Intimate May Wedding - we still got Married!! 2

Intimate May Wedding - we still got Married!! 3

Intimate May Wedding - we still got Married!! 4

Intimate May Wedding - we still got Married!! 5

26 Comments

Latest activity by Stephanie, on July 10, 2020 at 22:59
  • Stephanie
    Beginner November 2020 Quebec
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    It looked absolutely perfect! Congratulations! ❤

We are going forward with our wedding in November and will have 5 guests. We've considered a Zoom ceremony, however I wonder if 50+ virtual guests would simply create confusion. Did you interact with your Facebook guests? Any advice?
  • Rayanne
    Master June 2022 Ontario
    Rayanne ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Best wishes on your wedding. It looks like a beautiful day. So happy for you
  • Nicole
    Beginner May 2021 Ontario
    Nicole ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Congrats!! Thank you for sharing Smiley smile
  • Elly
    Beginner October 2022 Ontario
    Elly ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Congrats!!! Your wedding looks like it was gorgeous day full of love! Awesome way to make the best of this COVID-19 situation and make it special.
  • Alison
    Frequent user August 2022 Ontario
    Alison ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

This is SO beautiful! I absolutely love all the details and that it still looks like an actual "wedding". Especially the handwritten menu cards too! Such a cute touch! We are planning to have a small ceremony with immediate family and bridal party in August and I've been trying to brainstorm ways to make it still feel special and look beautiful. This is so helpful, so thank you for sharing! Smiley smile. Can I ask where you got the chairs for your ceremony? Were you able to rent such a small number from a company? I don't know why, but I always just assumed you could only rent nice chairs if you were needing a large number!

Congrats to you and your new husband!

• Linttvar
    Newbie March 2021 British Columbia
    Linttvar ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Congratulations. It looks gorgeous

• Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Congrats! Your photos are beautiful and the décor. Its true about postponing and yet you two made it work giving the thought of true love over losing the venue which sucks.

A tip to help bring down the pricing when looking to book for next year venue (decide to go this route) is say you want to have an Anniversary party than putting more out for a Wedding and still wear your dress as mentioned.

Given you rented the dress this year, would you have done it this way if it saved a lot. The same would have been done next year or you like the idea you have your own dress purchased?

• Ashley
    VIP August 2020 Ontario
    Ashley ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

CONGATS!!!!!!!!! this looks so nice!!!

• Alysha
    Alysha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Thank you! That is so great you are also going ahead with it! It really is truly special when it's intimate! Hope your day goes beautifully! Congrats Smiley heart !

• M
    Newbie September 2020 Ontario
    Moya ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Congratulations! Your dress and decor are amazing!!!
  • Jessica
    Newbie June 2020 Alberta
    Jessica ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Congratulations!! Your photos are gorgeous! Our wedding is this Saturday and we’re so excited about going ahead with it now. It’s definitely been inspiring to see other couples have such intimate, beautiful, and memorable weddings. Thanks for sharing!
  • Amanda
    Devoted July 2020 Ontario
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Congratulations! You look beautiful & I love your dress!
  • Jodi
    Beginner September 2021 Alberta
    Jodi ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Beautiful. Thank you for sharing~Smiley smile Smiley heart

• Miranda
    Curious May 2020 Alberta
    Miranda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Congratulations!!!! You look stunning !
  • Joey
    WeddingWire Admin May 2015 Maryland
    Joey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

So Stunning!!! What gorgeous photos soo

• Amelia
    Master October 2020 New Brunswick
    Amelia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Gorgeous! Congratulations 🍾🥂

I am in love with your bouquet, so springy and bright.
  • Sarah
    Expert August 2021 British Columbia
    Sarah ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Congratulations to you both ♥️ The photos are beautiful and you’re right love does conquer all.
  • Alysha
    Alysha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Thank you!! Oh I sure hope so!!! Smiley smile It's a weird time for weddings but we made the best of the situation!

• Kathleen
    Curious September 2022 Ontario
    Kathleen ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Congratulations! Your photos are beautiful! Smiley heart

• K
    Devoted August 2021 Nova Scotia
    Kl ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    W.O.W—I’m sure this will lend amazing inspiration to other couples on here!! Congratulations!
  • Cindy
    Frequent user May 2021 Alberta
    Cindy ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Love this. Congratulations. Smiley heart

• Tori
    Top October 2019 Manitoba
    Tori ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Congratulations!! Smiley ring It looks beautiful!Smiley heart

• Amanda
    Featured August 2022 British Columbia
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Congratulations!! Beautiful photos! Smiley heart

• J
    Frequent user October 2020 Ontario
    Jess ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Oh wow this is incredible, everything looks stunning!!! Congratulations, it looks like the most special day.

• Gloria
    Expert October 2022 Ontario
    Gloria ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Omg so beautiful! Congratulations
  • Veronica
    Super October 2021 Alberta
    Veronica ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Awe this is beautiful! Congratulations and love all the details you had to make the day feel super special.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics