Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Patrice
Newbie May 2021 Alberta

Intimate church/chapel wedding

Patrice, on June 2, 2020 at 02:25 Posted in Alberta 0 3
Hey guys, my fiance and I are hoping to just have a small wedding (@pprox 30 people) for next year (approximately May 2021). The trick is, it is important for us and our families for it to be a Catholic wedding. We LOVE Canmore and was hoping to get married at the church there, but I can't wrap my head around paying $1500 for an "intimate ceremony" in a church. The pictures would look weird too with how little the number of people will be. Just wondering if any of you have any ideas or suggestions on a small church/chapel wedding in Canmore or around Calgary, and what the cost may be? Thanks!

3 Comments

Latest activity by Vinod, on June 6, 2020 at 20:09
  • Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I can imagine how much churches would charge for the services of a wedding. A small church may be less expensive for what your budget is set towards the current church.

• A
    Frequent user August 2020 Ontario
    Anna ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I would just search for another church. $1,500 is a lot and I've never seen a church charge that much. Our Catholic church has asked for $300 I believe. Can you find a smaller church? Some of the smaller ones are usually on the outskirts of town/along country roads. Might be worth looking into some of those. Mind you, oftentimes you have to be an ongoing member of the church to be married there.

• Hank
    Featured September 2021 Ontario
    Hank ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Is the $1500 standard across all parishes? I would imagine a good chunk of that goes back to the Catholic church leadership in the Vatican so they probably set the prices accordingly (if I'm wrong, please forgive my ignorance).

I imagine most parishes in a city like Calgary will feel massive compared to your guest count. Would a chapel at the local university work? Most major universities have multi faith spaces but I believe there are also some private Catholic universities in Calgary and I'd imagine they would have decent-sized facilities to accommodate a 30 people wedding.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics