Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Cockerton
Curious October 2022 Ontario

Interesting Article about Weddings and covid in Ontario and Canada

Cockerton, on January 24, 2021 at 15:28 Posted in Ontario 1 8

Https://globalnews.ca/news/7591225/weddings-2021/

Interesting points for those planning a rescheduled or otherwise wedding date in 2021. Thoughts?

8 Comments

Latest activity by Christiana, on January 25, 2021 at 14:16
  • Christiana
    Super November 2020 British Columbia
    Christiana ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

What is discussed in the article is essentially why my husband and I went ahead with our ceremony in November. We had so many family members asking us why we weren't just postponing - especially once BC restricted all social gatherings a few weeks before our ceremony. They didn't seem to realize that there would still be restrictions in 2021 and there was no certainty as to when we would be able to have our full wedding. Not to mention I wouldn't have been comfortable having any more than just our immediate families attend a reception until the majority of the population is vaccinated and in November that timeline wasn't clear. I also wasn't prepared to spend tens of thousands of dollars on a wedding with tons of restrictions.

I'm so happy we got married on our original date even though we were limited to 10 people total in attendance. We'll have a reception one day but we aren't planning anything until there is more certainty around covid.

• Hank
    Featured September 2021 Ontario
    Hank ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I'm quoted in that article lol and my feelings are pretty much articulated there. But as the quoted wedding planner mentioned, if you're set on getting married in the first half of 2021, you need to be flexible and open minded to options.

• Patricia
    Frequent user July 2021 Ontario
    Patricia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Yes! The uncertainty is frustrating! We postponed our fall 2020 wedding to fall 2021 and now our wedding could look exactly the same as it would have if we went through with our 2020 wedding. Or if we postpone nothing could change. It’s all hard and honestly do not want to plan another wedding!
  • Cockerton
    Cockerton ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I agree, and we are lucky to have such an adaptive venue. By letting us split our event, even if restrictions change where we can only have five people, we can still move forward and still have a larger reception later... and if we have to postpone the party again in 2022 then so be it. But the uncertainty causes more anxiety for me tbh than the actual planning! Good luck to you both and hopefully we can all celebrate this year!

• Caitlyn
    Frequent user September 2021 Alberta
    Caitlyn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I think the hardest part is not knowing what restrictions could be like at any given point in time. Our wedding isnt until September so we have time to wait and see what the situation is like, but even if we chose to postpone until 2022, who is to say it would be any better by then? Yes the majority of Canada would be vaccinated, but with new variants emerging and what not, 2022 could be exactly like 2020 or 2021. It's just all this uncertainty that makes it challenging 😔
  • Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Makes sense as it does give time for you to put all your vision into a celebration that will put the celebration into full effect.

• Cockerton
    Cockerton ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    We have decided to split our wedding so we will have a small family ceremony at our original venue and use Zoom (our photographers are taking care of that for a small fee) and then a larger reception and a vow renewal in 2022.
  • Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

It is an interesting article that many couples are facing the same factors knowing this time has put obstacles in the way to face challenges. Its smart though how the couple got married with family and friends watching zoom as its been in many discussions. Good tips and suggestions that are being mentioned in all discussions on here.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics