Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Elaine
Frequent user May 2017 Ontario

inspiration for writing vows

Elaine, on July 27, 2016 at 13:50 Posted in Wedding ceremony 0 9

Hi everyone, just wondering if nayone is wirting theire own vows and hwre you are getting inspiration from? my fw is very creative and im sure shes coming up with some pretty awesome stuff for her vows and im afraid ill disappoint her if my vocabulary is too simple. any ideas or sources i could look at to make sure i write the right thing?

9 Comments

Latest activity by Elaine, on October 6, 2016 at 04:03
  • Elaine
    Elaine ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I love the ideas Melissa! these questions are definitely a great guide! i'll try to have a look at different movies, it could even be really great to have kind of like a remix of different love movie quotes and use them in my vows. i'm sure she'll recognize them and will find it funny and romantic. i'll also make sure to tell her how i feel and what i love about her. make it special moment about us and going forward together Smiley heart love the brainstorm page idea! i'm already coming up with more ideas with your advice! thanks Smiley smile

• Melissa
    VIP June 2017 Ontario
    Melissa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I think writting together is a lovely idea, but if you were hoping to surprise your future wife you can try consulting poetry (not to read a poem, but for language and ideas). Or even romantic movies if you don't enjoy reading poetry.

Or think of the best vows you have heard, what did you like about them? Think of the vows you did not find as moving, what was lacking?

What kind of life will you build together? Why? What makes you work as a couple? What brought you together, and what keeps you there? I'm sure if you make a brainstorm page you will find you can string together a beautiful vow Smiley heart

• Nelly
    Expert September 2017 Ontario
    Nelly ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Unfortuneately our priest won't let us say our own vows. We need to use catholic vows to be married in our parish

• Maddy
    Frequent user June 2017 Ontario
    Maddy ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I think you can write them together or ask each other but then not have her read the final version... i think it could be a romantic thing to do together

• Emilie
    Featured Quebec
    Emilie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Hey Elaine! Of course, your vows will be different if your personnalities are different. For example, if your personnality is more funny, you could use a more humorous tone. I'm sure your speech will be amazing!

• Elaine
    Elaine ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Thanks em! good idea! i already wrote a few things and thought they weren't as good as the way she would say it... last year she made a speech at her best friend's wedding and it was so beautiful im scared it will be that cool and that mine will just look ridiculous Smiley laugh but yea, i'll give it a try and i'll try looking in books that's a good one. and if i need more advice i'll definitly ask you!

• Elaine
    Elaine ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I didnt know writing them together was even an option i thought they had to be like a surprise for your future spouse....?? of course id feel more comfortable and id make sure she likes what i write cause im so scared shes gonna be disappointed if i write it the way that i would wirte normally. shes like very poetic and studied in litterature and im more like manual... i work with computers Smiley laugh

• Emilie
    Featured Quebec
    Emilie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Hi Elaine! Smiley heart

Happy to see you're already starting to think about your vows!!

Maybe what you can do now is start to gather inspiration from books you both like. But most importantly I think you should write down what really comes from your heart. Maybe do a few drafts of what you would really like to say and then, when closest to your big day, write the final version looking for better words to say what you really mean.

Here are a few discussions I think will inspire you Smiley smile

Share your love story

When did you realize he was “the one”?

Who said "i love you" first?

Would you like your vows to have a funny or romantic tone?

• Maddy
    Frequent user June 2017 Ontario
    Maddy ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Maybe you could write ur vows together? ....unless you want it to be a suprise? by writing them together you could make the same promises to each other, find the tone for your vows and even help each other with what you'll say. but if you prefer to do it seperate and find inspiration... im not sure what kind of books you could get inspired from.... Smiley atonished

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics